A great prototype for a future On30 locomotive by Bachmann!

Started by Kevin S., May 12, 2012, 11:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin S.

Narrow gauge super power that is small enough for everyone and the prototype really can handle our too sharp curves!

See the link below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_AhsAqO09k

Anubis

Thanks Kevin!

Great video of a great Oz NG Garratt...

John

:)
There is no such thing as a Part Time Obsession

az2rail

I agree, nice video. If Bachmann made one with american couplers, I would buy one. Maybe I would get one with anyones couplers.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

darryl1936

Those engines look real nifty and I do believe I would buy one just for kicks. ;

The old fardt in Hawaii

Hamish K

Quote from: az2rail on May 13, 2012, 08:37:00 PM
I agree, nice video. If Bachmann made one with american couplers, I would buy one. Maybe I would get one with anyones couplers.

Bruce

The prototype has small knuckle couplers, and the height scales, in O scale, very close to normal HO height, in other words the normal couplers fitted by Bachmann to its On30l(and HO) ranges are close prototypical matches for Victorian Railways 30 inch gauge stock, including the Garratt.

I would love a model of this, or any other, Garratt in On30, but  I am not holding my breath as so far Bachmann has not made, in On30, a model of locomotive not made by an American maker. They have however made locos from American makers exported to other countries.

Hamish

RGS Goose

Hi Everyone,
I know it's a long shot that Bachmann would do the G42 Garratt, but if everyone asks them for one, you just never know. I know I am an incurable optimist, but I would hock my soul for the G42, and for the Tasmanian K1 Garratt. Come on all you modellers that would buy either, or both, of these locos, let's hear from you. Let the Bach-man know.
RGS Goose.

railtwister

An On30 Beyer Garratt - I can Only Wish!!!

Bill in FL

Royce Wilson

If Bachmann made one of these then my RGS ON30 railroad would buy one, it would would look neat pushing a plow flanger!

Royce

ebtnut

Re:  The video - around these parts the safety types would be having coniptions over all those folks (many of them kids) hanging out the windows like that.  And I would agree with them.  Hit one rough rail joint and you can hit the dirt, hard.

Kevin S.

I agree, the safety people would go nuts and as a parent I would yank my kid back in so quick their head would spin.

But, still a cool locomotive!

I just had my 50th birthday last week and my family all got me one present - a Backwoods Miniatures On30 NG-16 Beyer-Garratt!

Wow! What a model of a cool prototype!

Still, I would love for it to have a sister to double head with!

I would also like a G-32 from the Puffing Billy in Australia.

The more I learn about these locomotives the more fascinating I find them.

Also, OSHA would flip out if they saw how the crews operated the NG-16's.  If you look at the cabs, there is a rounded protrusion. This is so the cab seats can be rotated outside of the cab. The crews sit outside the cabs while operating the locomotive - evidently the heat is so bad this is preferable to risks involved in riding on a seat outside of the cab.

Hamish K

As I kid I rode on Puffing Billy quite often and, like the other kids, sat holding onto the safety bars with my legs dangling outside. I am still here!  I allowed my kids to do it when I took them for a ride on Puffing Billy. It is quite safe, you can't slide under the safety bars. The train travels slowly. If it was dangerous you can be sure it would have been stopped a long time age as millions of kids have ridden on Puffing Billy  that way.

It is of course my boyhood trips on "Puffing Billy" that led to me becoming a narrow gauge modeller.

Hamish