News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-10-4

Started by cact25, July 29, 2007, 06:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasChief

Ram, the early Bachmann 2-10-4's didn't have the right tender. They were lettered for Santa Fe but had a NYC centepede coal tender behind it. The second run came out with the correct 52' oil tender.

Dick
Texas Chief
Santa Fe All The Way!

TexasChief

Bye the way, a 2-10-4 is commonly called a "Texas" type steam engine.

Dick
Texas Chief
Santa Fe All The Way!

r.cprmier

A centipede tender?  You sure?  I saw a pair of four-axle trucks under a Santa Fe tender.

Rich
Rich

NEW YORK NEW HAVEN & HARTFORD RR. CO.
-GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN!

Paul M.

Those might have been the later versions.

Those centipede tenders were ugly.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

r.cprmier

They might have been ugly, but they got the job done.
Rich
Rich

japasha

I have two 2-10-4s with the correct tenders and converted to a PMD drive. i have one waiting for another drive. The PMD repower units are very nice, precision pieces and the units walk away with long consists. The only rub is that you have to make your own weights or bug Bowser for a set of 4-8-4 weights. Painted and weathered (slightly, many people have been fooled by the inexpensive plastic shell and thought these were Tenshodo or other brass imports.. Incindentally, I converted the tender for pickup and it works very well. Use Intermountain wheelsets.

Isambard

Quote from: TexasChief on August 20, 2007, 07:10:02 PM
Bye the way, a 2-10-4 is commonly called a "Texas" type steam engine.

Dick
Texas Chief

The Canadian Pacific's dual service 5900 series 2-10-4's, Classes T1a, T1b and T1c,  were called "Selkirks" after the Selkirk mountain range through which they ran.

Did Central Vermont, a Canadian National subsidiary, call their smart looking 2-10-4's Texas types?

Paul M.

Quote from: r.cprmier on August 21, 2007, 06:45:57 AM

They might have been ugly, but they got the job done.
Rich

true

-Paul
[

r.cprmier

Did Central Vermont, a Canadian National subsidiary, call their smart looking 2-10-4's Texas types?

Ayuppp!

Rich
Rich

hotrainlover

Why does this discussion on 2-10-4 engines ONLY contain a FEW comments about the original question??

I read a lot of stuff here about almost every other engine!!  I think others should start their own posts instead of arguing and NOT discussing the ORIGINAL topic!!...?
There are those of us who have to find time to use this forum.  I for one usually only read what I have time to.  I also only read ones that peek my interests, or are along the same situations that I have encountered.  I feel that all I have waisted my time......

r.cprmier

I feel that all I have waisted my time......

HUH?  Stop being a crab. Pay attention; you may learn more; maybe even better spelling.

Rich
Rich

hotrainlover

Rich,
Yes I noticed the mistakes...  After I posted.  I am on the "Old" erganomic computer tonight...  I hate having to use this one ....

It is just that I really AM interested in this subject and had to read a lot of other stuff....

YES I was frustrated.....  Sorry.

hotrainlover

VTBob

We up here that worked for the Central Vermont called our 2-10-4's "The 700 Class"

Red
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

Paul M.

Here's a CVR 2-10-4:

-Paul
[

r.cprmier

"The 700 Class"

I didn't know that, Red; I always heard them being called "Texas" class.
What  I always thought was a rather nice touch was the "Canadian" cabs.  I bet you guys loved that in the winter!

I had seen them at Palmer a couple of times as a kid, as I had family in the Monson/Palmer area, so I remember them as being quite a sight!  And loud, too!

Rich
Rich