News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Acela Express connectors

Started by Bagpiper, May 20, 2012, 05:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagpiper

I was lucky enough to get a full set of Acela power cars, DCC motorised unit plus passenger coaches.  I was given the full set because the owner had become quite upset with the little connectors between the coaches.  simply put, they just don't work reliably.  Another member of the club also has the same set and he complains about the same thing, the cars do not stay together.  Is there any clever little trick that the Bach-man could advise me of??  It really is a beautiful train, but it seems to be spoilt by this problem.

Best regards
Andrew

the Bach-man

Dear Andrew,
The couplers provided work fine for the vast majority of Acela owners, providing close coupling and allowing operation around model curves.  With a little care, they'll work fine for you as well.
The service department will be happy to provide you with a set.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Bagpiper

It seems to me thought that they seem to be different heights?  Also the couplers on the motorised unit do not "point down" but seem to have been bent open.  If I understand you correctly then, you are saying the best remedy would be to replace them??

As I am based in South Africa, how would I go about getting new couplers.  I am not even certain how the official dealers are for Bachmann out here.

Lastly, one of the guys in the club have a sticky goo that never dries and remains permanently sticky.  I was thinking this could help with holding the passenger together.  Do you think that it's a good idea?

Best regards
Andrew

the Bach-man

Dear Andrew,
I have no idea at all about South African dealers. Try emailing our service department.
Have fun!
the Bach-man