STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 17, 2020, 05:02:07 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  N
| | |-+  Another N scale B-Man decoder question. Where's CV5?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Another N scale B-Man decoder question. Where's CV5?  (Read 1547 times)
kmcsjr

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2012, 12:22:22 AM »

Short question. Is CV5 (max voltage) available? If not (newbie hope), can it be "hacked" with something like decoder pro?

The longer story Being new to DCC. I've had it a few weeks, but it is slow going, with the whole "need to do the other things in life" deal.  I just got to really play some tonight, after the Ranger game. I've been setting up my DCC ready locos, installing a few decoders and playing with some track plans. I'd read earlier today that CV5 wasn't available on the preinstalled decoders. I thought naaahhh, that's SUCH a cool feature... NAAAAHHHHHH. Fast forward to tonight. I'm running a 2--6-6-2. The longer it runs, the better it runs!!. I tried my first on main programming. I want to lower top speed, because i don't think a steamer should run that fast in N. I also figure this will give me more subtle speed control. I don't think it works . I tried 192, 124 and 62. No top speed change. If it isn't a newb error, it's, IMO, an  unfortunate ommission.
Thanks
Marty
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 07:24:13 PM by kmcsjr » Logged
Peter1952

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 09:58:08 PM »

Hi Marty,

Unfortunately CV5 is not available on the Bachmann Decoders.

:(Peter Sad
kmcsjr

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

Here it is 12 days later and I have 12 days more experience with DCC! Even though these decoders are quite simplistic, they seem to run my steamers. slow speed through High, they do well. When I buy a second of any steamer I want to run a consist with, that's when I guess I will really judge if I want to swap the decoder for something more featured. Until then, please Bmann, keep making more steam. (in N)
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: