Another N scale B-Man decoder question. Where's CV5?

Started by kmcsjr, May 13, 2012, 12:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kmcsjr

Short question. Is CV5 (max voltage) available? If not (newbie hope), can it be "hacked" with something like decoder pro?

The longer story Being new to DCC. I've had it a few weeks, but it is slow going, with the whole "need to do the other things in life" deal.  I just got to really play some tonight, after the Ranger game. I've been setting up my DCC ready locos, installing a few decoders and playing with some track plans. I'd read earlier today that CV5 wasn't available on the preinstalled decoders. I thought naaahhh, that's SUCH a cool feature... NAAAAHHHHHH. Fast forward to tonight. I'm running a 2--6-6-2. The longer it runs, the better it runs!!. I tried my first on main programming. I want to lower top speed, because i don't think a steamer should run that fast in N. I also figure this will give me more subtle speed control. I don't think it works . I tried 192, 124 and 62. No top speed change. If it isn't a newb error, it's, IMO, an  unfortunate ommission.
Thanks
Marty

Peter1952

Hi Marty,

Unfortunately CV5 is not available on the Bachmann Decoders.

:(Peter :(

kmcsjr

Here it is 12 days later and I have 12 days more experience with DCC! Even though these decoders are quite simplistic, they seem to run my steamers. slow speed through High, they do well. When I buy a second of any steamer I want to run a consist with, that's when I guess I will really judge if I want to swap the decoder for something more featured. Until then, please Bmann, keep making more steam. (in N)