Can the new Heisler sound board be used in a Climax?

Started by mrlc, May 28, 2012, 10:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrlc

I see that the sound system for the new On30 Heisler will be sold separately. I wonder if the new board can be placed in the older DCC ready Climax. The synchronization should be close enough. Does anyone know if that is possible?  I never bought the PNP Soundtraxx board for the Climax when they were available. In some ways, I'm glad I didn't because this system might be better since its a generation newer.  Thanks.

Bucksco

It will be a sound module designed to fit into the decoder on the Heisler. It will not be a sound decoder but rather it is a sound module designed for the Heisler alone.

richg

Quote from: Yardmaster on May 28, 2012, 01:02:09 PM
It will be a sound module designed to fit into the decoder on the Heisler. It will not be a sound decoder but rather it is a sound module designed for the Heisler alone.

Sounds like the EM-1 decode/sound module arraignment.
Looks like Bachmann is moving in this direction with some locos.
I am curious to see when some DCC modelers/hackers figure out different options for the decoder/sound module setup. You know they will.

Rich

Bucksco

All new spectrum locomotives will feature this DCC decoder/sound module arrangement. It is a Tsunami decoder with a plug in sound module.