News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Track joiners

Started by Sasha, May 23, 2012, 08:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doneldon

Quote from: Sasha on May 30, 2012, 10:00:36 PM
I'm not restricted to 'perfectly' straight and 'perfectly' curved tracks.  I know that all of my tracks will end in 360 degrees one way or another, but little imperfections are part of life

Sasha-

True. But little imperfections are not a part of successful HO trackwork. Trackwork is intolerant of the close enough principle. You'll be acutely aware of every kink or gap in your trackwork every time you operate. Sure, the twelve-inches-to-the-foot railroads have derailments and uncouplings, too, but we don't need to portray them.

Operational problems can demolish interest in a model railroad faster than anything else I know, including no cash. So don't gloss over operational items like track, trucks and couplers. Make them bullet-proof and let your telephone poles be a little out of plumb or your rock-work less than perfect. Believe me, you'll find it's well worth the effort.
                                                                                                                                                 -- D

Sasha

I hear you.  I think I was a little misunderstood, but I get your meaning.  What I meant was that my curves don't have to be laid out using a compass and the straights won't require using an edge for perfection.  I do indeed plan to make my lines 'perfectly' level and without flaw; I want my trains to run their smoothest and strongest over every inch of track.