News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tsunami sound variations

Started by GN.2-6-8-0, July 29, 2007, 10:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GN.2-6-8-0

Bach man
On reading up on the true Tsumani sound decoders most seem to have multible whistles that can be chosen in the cv's, Do the Spectrum locomotives equipped with Tsunami sound have this option?

Rocky Lives

the Bach-man

Dear GN,
I'll have to check on this one... 
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Jake

They do have other bells & whistles, but not all of the ones that a regular Tunami has. A regular Tsunami hase I believe 6, and the Bunami (as I call it...) has I believe 3.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

The Bachmann equipped sound engines have Tsunami technology....meaning it is not a full blown Tsunami.   Jake is correct in that you will not find the normal amount of whistle selections.  I know that to be a fact as my son has the K-4 which has the "light steam" and it only has about half the number of whistle choices as I have on my Bachmann On30 2-8-0 that has a regular Tsunami decoder installed.  By the way,  there is no standard number of whistle selections with a Tsunami decoder.   The number of selections is dependent on the decoder purchased.  Also,  I wonder about the total number of sounds such as the water fill of the tender etc and the number of selections for bell variation.    All in all,  though,  the Tsunami technology is still a good buy as you get the nice slow motion running ability and the fact that it is more forgiving on dirty track than the standard line of sound decoders from Soundtraxx.
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

the Bach-man

Dear GN,
Jake is correct: there are three whistles to choose from.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

GN.2-6-8-0

One other question

Does it by chance have the playable whistle function?....fingers crossed.  ;D
Rocky Lives

Jake

What do you mean playable whistle?
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

GN.2-6-8-0

By playable i mean you can vari. the tone .....playing it like a horn... low pitch , medium pitch etc.
The true Tsunami sound decoder has this function.
If i knew how to upload a sound file that i have , one from an old 33 1/3 album on a cassette called Remember When.... i could let you hear one such whistle ... one i never tire of listening to .....though fairly short its just pure music to listen to. :-*
Rocky Lives

Jake

You can vary the tone on a tsunami??? How do you do that?  :o
www.myspace.com/vfb1210