News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N scale switch

Started by cats2287, June 16, 2012, 11:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cats2287

I feel stupid writing this, but can anyone tell me how to wire an e-z track switch?

Desertdweller

Just study the directions on the package.  You have the track switch, the switch controller, and two sets of wires with plugs attached.

The two-wire set (should be red) plugs into the side of the switch controller.  The other end of the wires attach to the AC terminals of the power pack or throttle.

There are connectors on the opposite side of the switch controller so you can plug any number of additional controllers together without having to run more wires from the power pack.

The other set of wires (should be green) are hard-wired into the switch motor at one end.  They end in a flat plug at the other end.  There are three wires on this set.

Plug the flat three wire connector into the bottom of the switch controller.  Test the circuit by sliding the control switch left-right and note how the track switch reacts.  If the track switch throws opposite of the way you want it to, unplug the flat connector plug from the bottom of the switch controller, turn it over, and plug it back in.

If your track switch is located farther from your switch controller than the wires will reach, you can extend the distance by either purchasing a wire extension from Bachmann made for this purpose, or by extending the wires using bulk wiring.  If you do this, you have to identify which of the three wires is the center wire and make sure this connects to the center wire off the switch controller.  The other two wires form the opposite side of the circuit.  As before, if the switch does not throw the direction you want, just unplug the bottom connector at the switch controller and turn it over.

I've set all my switch controls up so when the slide switch is moved to the right, the switch is lined for the straight route.  It makes it easier to keep track of if they all work the same way.

Les