News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Decoderizing an old version Dash 8-40?

Started by seadowns, May 28, 2012, 07:19:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadowns

Hi there!

I have an old version (not DCC ready) of the Spectrum Dash 8-40CW which runs reasonably quiet and decent so I decided to put a decoder in it. Then I was looking for a good installation model and the only example I could find was the one Ron Beardon shows in TCS website.
Unfortunately is it just sketchy and therefore I'm in search of something that's giving me deeper insight.
Hopefully can somebody provide me with some closeup pictures how to do the wiring that will be appreciated very much.

Thanks in advance

Mathi

seadowns

Well, I thank you all for reading!
Although there was no response to my quest I gave it a shot and put a decoder into this loco. I choosed a nicely thin DH10 made by Doehler&Haass and placed it upon the chassis. I removed the LED-pcb in the shell and everything fits without milling down the body.
It turns out that this old and not so beloved construction answers with top running abilities and an outstanding creeping skills.
Atlas or Kato are not doing better even though are they less noisy.

Regards
Mathi

Country Joe

I'm glad to hear you were able to do it and the engine runs fine. I don't think anyone was able to help. I know I wasn't.