Is it improper to ask a non-train related question here??

Started by 1shado1, February 09, 2007, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1shado1

Not that it matters, but I finally got that new monitor I was asking about.  Thanks again to all for their helpful input! ;D

Against the advice of many (sorry), I ended up with with a 19" widescreen LCD.

Why?

Price.

Got a one month old monitor (saw the original receipt) from a local guy for $50 less than I could have gotten it at any store or online brand new, plus, I didn't have to pay for shipping.

The picture quality is stunning!  The only problem is that it unnaturally stretches everything to fit the screen.  This isn't really noticeable with text, but everything in photos looks too wide.

Does anyone know of a cure for this problem?  I'm too stupid to figure it out...

Jeff

Rich R

Probably have to fiddle a bit with your graphics card to make those adjustments. Or..... maybe your deal on a monitor isn't what you thought it was and you'll need a new graphics card as well? Hope not but could be.
But if you have a fairly new card or computer you shouldn't have any problems.

That's my take on it anyway maybe I'm wrong but you'll have to consult the monitor's owners manual.

Best,
Rich R

GlennW

You may need a upgrade of your video card to go with the new monitor? Then you may also neede an opgrade to new processor/more memory?

We have "sales tax holiday" on computers in TN. You must buy the whole system, not just parts. It works a lot like Black Friday. The sales tax holiday is worth nearly 10%. Can also get deals on other student office supplies!

1shado1

Thanks for the suggestions guys! ;D  I don't think that processor speed (2.8 Ghz) or memory (1 Gig) should be a problem.  Graphics card?  Maybe.  Looks like I'll have to investigate that, as well as cracking open the monitor manual.  Haven't had a chance yet.  I figured there was no harm in asking if it might be a simple or obvious solution.  Thanks again for the help!

Jeff