News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command Control Center

Started by bigjoe11a, June 09, 2012, 10:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigjoe11a

I'm really new at this. How ever I'll try.

I just got my new EZ Command DCC Train Set and I paid like $230.00 for it. It's just after getting it. It didn't support sound. Like the horn or any kind of affects of any kind. Well I feel cheated.

I have the EZ Command Control Center 44901 and From what I been reading. I need the EZ Command Control Center 44902. That's if I wanted to add sound. The other thing is that I have one GP40 and the FT-A Engines. Do these engines support the decoder for the horn and sound affects.

and last, How can I find out what decoders I need to add the sounds to my engines.

Thanks
Joe

NarrowMinded

it's the locomotive that has the sound decoder not the cotroller.

Your Ez-command will controll the basic sound functions on just about all sound decoders you just need a sound Equipped locomotive.

Is sounds like you paid retail for your set this is a costly lesson to learn but don't get discouraged and don't give up you can still get a sound equipped locomotive that will run with your set.

NM-Jeff

bigjoe11a

Ok, so what you telling me all I need to buy is a sound Equipped locomotive to replace the ones I have. and I don't need any thing else. The EZ Command control center 44901 will still work with the new engines.

NarrowMinded

I've edited my post to clear things up.

Yes the Item 44901 that came with your set will control the basic sound functions on Most decoders so if you buy a sound equipped loco you should be able to toot the horn sound the bell Etc.

44901 is the item number printed on the back of the grey handheld control unit that comes with what is shown in the picture.

44902 is the number assigned to the complete package for everything shown in the picture

What Set did you buy?

NM-Jeff

bigjoe11a

Quote from: NarrowMinded on June 09, 2012, 11:55:15 PM
I've edited my post to clear things up.

Yes the Item 44901 that came with your set will control the basic sound functions on Most decoders so if you buy a sound equipped loco you should be able to toot the horn sound the bell Etc.

44901 is the item number printed on the back of the grey handheld control unit that comes with what is shown in the picture.

44902 is the number assigned to the complete package for everything shown in the picture

What Set did you buy?

NM-Jeff

This one http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXJWL6&P=F

Jerrys HO

bigjoe,

NM Jeff is correct.
To add to his comment's I purchased the same set to get started.  You can operate sound equipped loco's with this set. Unfortunately the two loco's that come with the set are not sound equipped.
For future reference on purchasing, check with The Favorite Spot.
http://www.thefavoritespot.com/default.aspx?

Check the DCC/Sound equipped loco's. Great price's and is a Bachmann authorized store.

Don't get rid of your two loco's that came with your set. You can expand your layout slowly and get really going in the hobby.

Enjoy and welcome aboard.
Jerry

bigjoe11a