Extra connecting wires with Vanderbilt tender

Started by bmjcook, June 26, 2012, 07:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmjcook

Gidday
           I have been given a Spectrum medium length vanderbilt tender and have noticed a set of connector wires loose in the box. What are these wires for? I already bought a Vandy tender and connected it to a Consolidation, but I did not notice extra connector wires with this tender. The connector wires from the consolidation just plugged straight into the tender. I have a TCS M1 decoder installed and the capacitors disconnected and the loco runs smoothly and oh so slowly. Beautifull!!!
                                                                                                                Cookie

richg

Do you mean two adapters? One with short two wires and one with short, four wires? A connector on each end of the wires?
It must be those. For a loco that has the connectors in the base of the loco. Some locos come with the two sets of plugs on the loco to plug right into the tender like yours did.
Bachmann has not been consistent with the Spectrum steamer line for connecting the loco and tender.

Rich

bmjcook

Gidday Rich
                      Yep, that be them. Thanks for the reply.
                                                                                      Cookie

richg

Quote from: bmjcook on June 26, 2012, 08:19:06 PM

Gidday Rich
                      Yep, that be them. Thanks for the reply.
                                                                                      Cookie

Something to remember. I used those for a tender with a Bachmann loco that requited the adapters. The adapters reversed all three functions. Rail pickup. motor leads, headlight. That created a short for the pickups which shut down the DCC system. I had to reverse all three sets of wires in the tender.
I have never heard of anyone ever using the jumpers.

Rich