News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command Dynamis

Started by ray tomblin, July 31, 2007, 04:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogertra

Isn't Dynamis one of those 'new' control systems that maintains the 'train's' speed regardless of the grade?  Back EMF or soemthing?

If "yes", who wants that?

I for one want to operate my locomotives.  I want them to slow down when climbing a grade and speed up on the way down,  unless I decide to open or close the throttle to maintain speed.

I operate a model Railroad and I want myself and my operators to control them, not have some electronic gizmo do it for me.

Of course, your ideas may differ from mine and if you enjoy what you do, more power to you.

Tim

Rodger

Back EMF is part of the decoder not the system.

I agree with you as to the operation of trains when used as cruise control.

However it is adjustable and when properly set up it can make your trains
more prototypical in operation.   It is especially useful for slow speed and
switching operations.  And when combined with sound it really shines.

Tim Anders
Souderton, PA

daveb

Regarding the comment re the Dynamis power supply:

The power supply supplied with my Dynamis here in South Africa is rated for 110-240v supply so unless UL Rating requires something different it should be suitable for US use, needing only a change in plug.

Dave

ray tomblin

Daveb,

My question is does the unit actually do everything that they say it will do? I have had mine on backorder through Walthers for about 6-7 months now, but don't know when it will be available.

Ray

daveb

I am, so far, very satisfied with my unit, it is very comfortable to use and does what it is advertised to do. I have not used it for any extensive use of programming cv's as I have a SPROG and programming track connected to my PC which I use in conjunction with DecoderPro software for setting up decoders.

I have found it necessary to disable it's automatic timeout when communication fails between the handheld unit and control box as every time I put the handheld down out of near line of sight of the control box, 10 seconds later everything would come to a halt. This is user configurable.

One minor irritation that there appears to be no way of sorting the loco roster, it remains in the order in which it is loaded which may be fine until you start adding and deleting.

I have no experience of other systems apart from the original EZ-Command
but would not hesitate to recommend the Dynamis.

Dave

ray tomblin

Dave,

Thanks for the input, really appreciate it.

Ray