News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Controller UK AC Adapter?

Started by ShadowMonk, June 21, 2012, 07:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowMonk

Hi all,

I purchased an oval of HO EZ Track off Ebay with a controller and AC adapter from the US.

I live in the UK so obviously I will need a UK AC Adapter. Am I able to purchase one and use them from a UK OO set or a Graham Farish N Gauge Set and use it on the EZ Track HO controller?

Many thanks

richg

Look at the adapter, does is it say on the case, something like, 100 vac to 240 vac or maybe 120 vac to 240 vac? If it does, then all you need is an adapter for the two prongs.
If only 120 vac on the case, then only USA use.

I have not seen the adapter case.

Rich

ShadowMonk

I only purchased them today so they have not arrived so I am not sure, I will check when they get here. Or maybe someone is able to check for me if possible.

Many thanks

richg

Quote from: ShadowMonk on June 21, 2012, 07:55:36 PM
I only purchased them today so they have not arrived so I am not sure, I will check when they get here. Or maybe someone is able to check for me if possible.

Many thanks

Do you have the link that spells out what brand DCC controller you purchased with the EZ Track? I am not sure you meant DCC or DC controller. We need more information. If you copy and paste the link here, we should be able to see what you purchased and that this item is sold.

Rich

richg

I did some ebay searching for EZ track Completed Listings and saw some with a DC power pack. A couple where with the Bachmann DC power pack. I downloaded the photo but could not see the info on the power pack.
If it comes with the Bachmann power pack, some here can answer that including the Bach Man.
That is why you should include as much info as possible.

RIch

rogertra

12VDC is 12VDC whether it's in the UK, Canada, France or Timbuktu, it's still 12VDC.

As the UK runs at 240VAC and you feel the need to use the supplied Bachmann throttle/controller then you need a step down transformer to convert the UK 240VAC to 120VAC or, just use any UK controller that outputs 12VDC, it will run your trains. 

You can probably buy them in a UK electronics store.

It doesn't matter what scale you model train are, they could be O scale, OO scale, HO scale, N scale or Z scale, if the control voltage is 12VDC, any throttle/controller anywhere in the world that outputs 12VDC will control your trains.

It's not rocket science.  :)

The bigger question is "Why on earth would buy EZ track from North America in the first place?"

jward

that appears to be a standard bachmann dc controller. i pulled mine out of my pacific flyer set and had a look. the transformer is rated as 120vac, not the dual voltage 120-240 vac. you will need someting to step the voltage down to 120vac.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA