News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Couplers

Started by canpac, June 16, 2012, 01:58:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canpac

What type of E-Z Mate couplers are found on Bachamnn rolling stock ? I ask as there are several varieties out there on the market. Size etc. Thanks

nosamnod

This sounds like a bit of a strange question as any E-Z mate coupler will coupled with any other. The reason there are various different varieties out there on the market is that not all rolling stock is the same in terms of height, coupler reach, etc. and the different types which are available allow for fitting couplers to different manufacturer's stock and/or kit/scratch built stock so that they will all work together.

Most of the Bachmann On30 rolling stock is fitted with the standard length centre set shank coupler - but there are exceptions, some being fitted with standard length high set shank coupler.  Locos might very well be different, depending on the model.

This is exactly the same situation that you find with Kadees, where coupler style is generally dependent on the model to which they are fitted.

I assume you are thinking about fitting E-Z Mates to other rolling stock or locos you may have. If in doubt then get a pack of each and then you can work out which will be best for each use. As a general rule, I would get more of the standard length centre-set shank variety, as these are by far the most common.