News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Support

Started by Gary, July 31, 2007, 07:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Hello, another new guy here with what is probably a dumb question or two. I just bought a Bachmann Commander set from my local hobby store a few days ago. Once I got it set up, I found that the lights on neither locomotive will work. I tested a standard Bachmann DC locomotive and it runs fine. I emailed Bachmann 2 days ago, still no response. Have I done something wrong or did I just get a bad set?

One more question. I have an older Bachmann locomotive that I dug out of storage after a few years. Even after a good cleaning and oiling, it still wont run. Will Bachmann still repair it for $10 if I send it in?

Thanks in advance.

Gary
Chillicothe, Ohio

SteamGene

Bachmann will take care of your older locomotive.   they are just getting back from the NMRA show.  My understanding is that the office is not big.  Give them a couple of days and call them on your own dime.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

the Bach-man

Dear Gary,
Do you mean the Digital Commander set? Function 10 will control the headlights. The service department will indeed take care of your loco.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Gary

Thank you Bach-Man, yes, it is the Digital Commander set, and Function 10 did get the lights on although they are not nearly as bright as my DC locomotives. I'll mess with it more this evening. I took a 25 year hiatus from trains and flew RC airplanes, I didnt even think about the NMRA show.

As for my old one, i'll send it in with a note about the problem and a $10 check!

djp

Hi Gary , function 1 increases and decreases the brightness of the headlight. Call Bridget, i cannot remember her surname but she is the most helpful lady i have ever met. i think she is the service manager.
Get Off My Train !!!

Gary

Thanks djp, I actually got a message from Bachmann today confirming what you told me. My set must have been missing a manual, because there is nothing at all in there about function 10 and 1, but no matter, I got it worked out thanks to you guys. The help is much appreciated.