News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Heisler re-runs

Started by Chris9017, June 19, 2012, 07:42:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris9017

Hello

I have 2 of the awesome Heislers, but since they are extremely hard to find, and hardly any show up on Ebay or at live auctions, I was wondering how much longer will it be  before the Heislers return with new models in Large Scale.    They were the best geared engines made in the Spectrum line, and I would really love to add another one to my collection.    I hope to see Westside Lumber Company, Ely Thomas Lumber Company, and many more different road names come out in the next run with wood, oil, and coal loads available, and some with Tsunami sound.    The first runs were awesome locomotives, and they are very tough to find now, but I would love to see a new run of Heislers come out.

Linzthom

Ah !!! Heisler lust. ;D Just gotta love 'em, eh? :-*

We on the On30 board have been waiting for years for a Heisler and just as it was due to be released they were withdrawn. Gut wrenching! :o

I have seen the Large Heisler running and can totally sympathise with you wanting another 'big 'un' to play with. They are totally captivating. ;)

Good luck

Lindsay in NZ
I'm going to live forever; or die trying

Dave

I have a Climax and a Shay and would love to have a Heisler to complete the Trio.
    Any offers out there?

Dave
      Waikino
      New Zealand

Chris9017

Gold Coast in Ventura has the last 3 Heislers remaining available for sale.  A Luken Steel Company, Oregon Lumber Company, and painted unlettered with red and white stripes.   I just got the last Pardee & Curtin.

Heislers are by far my favorite geared engines, and I have both the Oregon Lumber Company, and the Luken Steel Company, and soon a Pardee and Curtin.  The one I really wanted was Little River Logging Company, and I really hope to see Westside Lumber Company models in the future for Westside used 5 Sterns models (West Side 1 the first was sold to Swayne in exchange for West Side shay 7 for free (since Swayne owed West Side $1 million dollars in debt, and West side later on got a larger Sterns model to be the replacement Westside 1.  West Side 4 blew up in the 50s, whiles West Side 2 resides on Display in Tuolumne falling apart, and West Side 3 is now operating daily on the Roaring Camp Railroad as their number 2 and has been since 1963.   I would also like to see an H C. Welsche Lumber Company (Which is the Sumpter Valley Heisler, and more varieties on the new runs..

What can I say, I love Heislers.

The one issue they had was, the driveshafts were 2 haves that met in the engine set, and the pistons moved slower than the valve gear which didn't look proto-typical, which resulted me into having to weld the driveshaft as 1 unit, and disengage the rear gears to the drive shaft to allow the motors to alter speeds.    Maybe for newer models, have the drive shafts be one piece like the new Climaxes, but have the rear end of the shaft not be connected to any gears just like it is in the new Climaxes so the valve motion looks more prototypical.

I would love to see more Heislers.

Chris9017

My mistake on the Sumpter Valley Heisler is W.H. Eccles Lumber Company.  She can use the diamond stack that was used on the Pardee & Curtin model, be giving white trim and red windows, with the air tanks and air pump, and have a wood load. :)    The addition of a Wood load as well as coal or oil would also be nice.

dave2-8-0

Get a hold of "Trains West" in Albuquerque NM.  I was in there yesterday, and the have a gently used one on consignment, I believe it also has a PH11 sound card in it.

505-881-2322
New Mexico Northern Rail Road

Dave

Got onto " West Trains" website but they have no online access for product viewing or overseas purchases. Thanks for the help anyway.

Dave
             New Zealand

Chris9017

Go to Gold Coast Station Dave, they still have 3 left.  I took the last Pardee & Curtin, and they have an Oregon Lumber Company, Painted Unlettered, and Luken Steel Company left.

dave2-8-0

Dave,  Call them personally,  they don't list there Consignment stuff.

Dave
New Mexico Northern Rail Road