HELP!! I desperately need help with Bachmann 80126 vs 85101 vs 85102

Started by Balevre, June 25, 2012, 02:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balevre

I have attempted to do my research on these three locomotives but the more I research the more questions I have.   :-\

I'm attempting to purchase my first higher-quality steam locomotive for my layout and I want to get it right.

So could someone please kindly explain to me the differences between these locomotives and quite simply tell me which is the best.

Thank you a ton in advances.

rogertra

Perhaps if you were to tell us what they are we could help.  Most of us never refer to the product number, we need to now things like "Spectrum 2-6-0 Vs Spectrum heavy 4-8-2 Vs Russian 2-10-0."

The product numbers are meaningless.

jonathan

A search of these product numbers reveals you are considering the same locomotive; a Spectrum 4-4-0.  If I searched right, the only difference is the paint scheme/roadnumbers.

They are very nice looking steamers, and good runners.  You should be aware they are very small and won't pull much, just like the prototype.  If you are into small trains, they are a nice choice.

Regards,

Jonathan

Reinhard S

Hi.

I can only comment on product number 80126 since I just ran this unit on my modest railroad.  It is a very detailed 4-4-0 with a beautiful sound decoder provided by Soundtraxx.  This 4-4-0 did not run smooth out of the box, however with a little amount of TLC and a break-in period it now responds as expected from a Spectrum product.  All locomotives need this no matter who the manufacturer or how expensive  the unit is. The Spectrum product line is one of quality with a great value factor.  I can only recommend this locomotive.  I hope this helps.

All the best.       

Reinhard