News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

old turnouts H4561B-R and -L

Started by JamesShelby, June 21, 2012, 05:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesShelby

These are e-z n/s HO turnouts and when I got them, they had no method of hooking the green wire(3) up. I have discovered that the left will respond to ac voltage on center + one outer, it remains where it is turned. The Right turnout appears to be spring loaded as it returns to straight line when power is removed. Is a replacement 'switch' available? Is it correct that one returns and the other stays ?? Are there TWO  different type switches??      :) I used the term"switch" meaning the "push button or slide button" which transfers the current to the right or left wire. These do have factory installed 3 green wire and plug and yes they do have a place next to the track to slide to change direction. The ORIGINAL box said 'remote' switches. these were second hand with no directions or buttons.    Thanks,  James Shelby

captain1313

From the photo I saw it's a manual turnout

Kevin

Pacific Northern

Quote from: captain1313 on June 21, 2012, 10:51:23 PM
From the photo I saw it's a manual turnout

Kevin

What picture are you referring to?

Bachmann does not list any n/s manual switches, however the steel expansion pack does list a left and right hand manual switches.
Pacific Northern

captain1313

PN

Did a search for the part #'s. That took me to ebay.  Several listings I looked at showed manual turnouts with those part #'s

Kevin