News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Tweetsie Railfan Weekend

Started by tweetsieengineer, July 31, 2007, 08:33:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tweetsieengineer

Tweetsie Railroad in Boone, NC will be having its 2007 railfan weekend on Sept 8 & 9. This is the 3rd year we have done an event for railfans. This years event will center around the 50th anniversary of the Tweetsie RR. Our historic ET&WNC #12 will be lettered in her original Tweetsie lettering scheme along with former EBT coach #5 will be hauling guests back to the 1950's to the early days of tweetsie before the cowboys and indians, all while former WP&Y #190 will be hauling guests on our wild west train ride adventure. On saturday night there will be a special doubleheader photo shoot with coach #5 on coupled to the back of the tweetsie train. Sunday morning will feature double header train rides til noon and at 1 #12 will once again haul guest around the mountain on coach #5 while 190 will continue to haul guests on our wild west train. On both days there will be many chances to take pictures of our trains in many places normally off limits to guests, train shop tours, cab rides, and a special museum full of many tweetsie antiques. You can get more info about the event on our website and you may also purchase tickets. The web address is www.tweetsie.com any other questions about the event can be directed to me via my email address.
Tim Smith,

Dusten Barefoot

I am a ET&WNC fan in the sand hills of NC(Ironic), but is the tender on the #12 her ororiginal tender? I have noticed some photos of her glory days on the ET and some of her photos of today, has the #12s tender been modified, or replaced? and what happend to #11, was she scrapped after the ET or sold, I am not sure because the Johnson City Depot, on the C.Y.CRUMMLY tour really did not say, and will the antiqus and shops be on display till after the ghost train?

Best regaurds
Dusten Barefoot
It is a shame that the Tweetsie Ten-Wheeler  Did not come out in On30
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

tweetsieengineer

The tender on #12 is not original. The current tender tank was built around 1975.   Eng #11 was scrapped in 1952. The antiques will only be displayed for railfan weekend and then will be put away.
Tim Smith,