Jock's Model Project Workshop - T.V. Big City Engine (Foreign Engine)

Started by Jock The New Engine, July 31, 2007, 10:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jock The New Engine

I'm making a Diesel with Diesel 10's claw!  He's Diesel 10's american cousin who's come to the Island Of Sodor to finish off what Diesel 10's started.......  Getting rid of steam engines, once and for all!  I'm using an american Diesel from Bachmann for this project.  I've already started on the claw.  It only needs paint now.  It's made with just regular printing paper and a straw.   Also, can someone help me find out how to replace the EZ couplers with the Hook and Loop couplers from Thomas & Friends?   Anyway, pictures will be coming soon!
Jock is my favorite engine now, and in my Thomas world, he works on the Skarloey Railway with Frank, Skarloey, Rheneas, etc. since he & Frank are the only Small Railway engines ever made in Ertl diecast.

Jock The New Engine

Frog Pulling Team Wanted me to put these here.

These aren't mine, Frog Pulling Team just wanted me to post these pictures here when he sent me a message by email.
Jock is my favorite engine now, and in my Thomas world, he works on the Skarloey Railway with Frank, Skarloey, Rheneas, etc. since he & Frank are the only Small Railway engines ever made in Ertl diecast.

Jock The New Engine

Diesel 12 Prototype Photos Below

As you can see, I've sawed a little bit of the body to make room for some Hook & Loop Couplers.  I'm thinking on painting Diesel 12 Brown (like the Claw a.k.a. Pinchy 2.0).  The couplings work great if anyone was asking.

Guilford Guy

u might want to consider using a brass rod for the arm and some styrene for the claw. It's much more durable.
Alex

Jock The New Engine

The styrene is good, but not the brass rod, I'd rather prefer having a flexible arm for Diesel 12.

Guilford Guy

just make some joints out of square brass tubing  of different sizes and thin brass dowels
Alex

Jock The New Engine

I just think that the straw would be easier than doing that.

Guilford Guy

If you ever  plan on building an american Model RR you might want to spay the engine of the claw ;)
Alex

Beatle (TrainBrain)

ATSF and WM... :'(

Thomas will refer to us as the Yanks now, too!

LOL
Can't wait to see the finished project!

Internet All-Beatles radio: http://beatlesarama.com
All you need is love and trains
Ringo Starr: 6/28/08
SC&NY Status: Drawing board, but getting closer!
-Chris

Beatle (TrainBrain)

What ????

Diesel 11 is gone? Did I get that right? ???

-Chris

Jock The New Engine

Frog Pulling Team are you crazy!?!?!?  What will happen to the Movie: Steam Vs. Diesel?

The Chaz Storm

Well if he wants to turn his Diesel 11 back to a Santa Fe Diesel because of the incident that has happened then I am guessing that's what he should do, that is still pretty upsetting to hear though, maybe he will think about doing something else ;)

Beatle (TrainBrain)

I was trying to avoid being nosey ;). It was BNSF, they found out*

Well, back to 12, any updates?

*Sorry, had to :'(

-Chris

Jock The New Engine

I won't be working on it for a while, at the moment, my dad has kidney stones and is in the hospital and I have to take extra care of hime when he gets home.