News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Buildings for 'G' Scale

Started by mikeC, June 25, 2012, 09:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikeC

When is Bachmann going to produce Large or 'G' Scale buildings?

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
There are no plans to do so.
sorry!
the Bach-man

tac

Quote from: mikeC on June 25, 2012, 09:03:17 PM
When is Bachmann going to produce Large or 'G' Scale buildings?

The advertisement pages of Garden Railways are full of large-scale buildings of ALL kinds.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS [ovgrs.org]

mikeC

Mr. Bach Man:
    Sorry to hear that there are NO PLANS to produce 'G' Scale  buildings./ Also,.....I have another question:  Will Bachmann's 2 truck Shay operate on a 5 foot circle of track without the drive shafts coming apart?
Many thanks for your time ,
Mike C

the Bach-man

Dear Mike,
I believe an eight foot circle is the minimum.
the Bach-man

Dave

Mike, I have some 6ft Diameter curves on my Logging loop and the Shay has no problem with the Drive shafts. I even got it to sneak thru a 4ft Turnout but it may have been more good luck, than good management.

Dave
          New Zealand

tac

How well your Shay performs on such tight radii is dependent on whether the engine side is inside the curve or outside.

In either case, running on such tight curves will exaggerate wear and tear on what are in reality quite fragile moving parts, and accelerate their failure.

Sure it will run, but it won't be happy.

Your call.

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS
www.ovgrs.org   

charon

I have been running both the original 35ton shays and the later 38ton shays on 5' diameter track for years with no problems.  They also run fine on the 4' diameter as long as you run them with the gears on the outside of the radius.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line