2013 Predictions Thread

Started by thomasj219, July 10, 2012, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueengine024

Here are my predictions
2013 Oliver and Toad ,and also Boco because they have Bill and Ben
Off track Trevor
2014 Ary and Bert ,and Stepney

Take note these are my opinions. If you dont like them don't say anything. If you do just tell me. ;)

TrainFan97

Next year, it would be nice if they at least announce 2 engine characters in the HO line.  :-\

Locomotives:
•Oliver
•BoCo

Rolling stock:
•Red branchline coaches
•Toad the brakevan
•Chinese dragon

At least those products would make next year more exciting.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cupix the Azelf

HO Engines
1. BoCo
2. Oliver
3. 'Arry and Bert
4. Revisions of the main 3 Thomas, Percy, and James, perhaps also resizing of Henry's tender

HO Rolling Stock
1. More Troublesome Trucks with faces, perhaps provide some to coloured ones like the red and brown wagons
2. Red Coaches
3. Toad
4. More Brake Van variants (darker colours, different classes as seen in Season 16 and probably a Brake Van with a troublesome truck face or a face resembling The Spiteful Breakvan)
5. More variants of vans
6. Bring back the Red Coaches
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Yorkshireman

Like Sparks I will give various situations for OO scale.

Situation 1: Classic Charectors:

As far as classic engines are concerned, Oliver is the next engine in number turns and Bachmann have shown they keep older fans in mind by releasing Duck. Oliver is the engine everyone wants Bachmann to make after Duck's confirmation.

If Oliver was done, the only classic engines left would be Daisy and Boco. The older fans would love to have these charectors in the Bachmann range. Sharing a chassis is a big advantage too.

However, despite mass cult like following from older fans, I can only see either of these 2 being done if they were reintroduced to the series by Andrew Brenner, released to tie in with the older audience the WWII film is due to attract or after a couple of years.

Situation 2: HIT Engines:

The CGI series is really going now and with that it cannot be too long before we get a model of another HIT engine. A charector that shines with fans and in the show itself is Rosie. Rosie is second only to Emily as a female engine. The range would benefit from another female charector. Fans have grown to her, which is rare for a HIT Charector.

One charector that has a large part in the show at the minute is Hiro. Hiro would be a first CGI only charector for the model range. Hiro had a large introduction right at the start of the CGI era in a very successful film. Younger fans love the story of Hiro's discovery, with this comes a certain cult status for Hiro. Two versions of Hiro could be produced a Patchwork Hiro and a normal Hiro. Another Tender Engine would be greatly appreciated, he is a large tender engine too which we haven't seen since Spencer was introduced.

There would be some sense in making Charlie too. He appears alot in the series. He has been delvoped greatly since his introduction 3 series s ago. A simple, small engine that alot of people would purchase just as they got into the range or if they were into the range in a big way already, a supplementary charector to their large collection of big stars from the show.

These releases would probably take place at different times although I could see one of the tank engines coming out at the same time as Hiro so that people had a selection of new releases to choose from/complement each other.

Situation 3: Twin Trouble:

This is probably the least likely situation but I will put it out there anyway. It has been a couple of years since Dash and Bash first hit our screens and they have been with us for lots of episodes since. They would both use the same tooling. I cannot see them being released though because of 2 pairs of twins being in the range at the minute.

Situation 4: Diesel Power:

One of Thomas's most recognisable charectors is Diesel 10. He has recently bounced back into the front of all fan's minds due to his appearance in DOTD. Diesel 10's claw is iconic and a big draw for fans. He is a very popular charector and would be a very sought after model. To me, Diesel 10 is one of Bachmann's most logic options.

Unlike most people, I don't feel Bachmann will make a model of Arry and Bert due to the fact that twins is something I think Bachmann will not do for a while now. As well as that, I don't feel that they are very popular engines.

And that is my opinion, as always feedback is welcomed and I will do other OO items next week

JD417

well put, but one thing, Bachmann would never do bash and dash, i mean, theres one reason that points to this, look at their chassie, Bachmann would never make a chassie like that, especially considering the fact that an engine is put to several drop tests before it can pass on, and the wheels are completely open so there's not a way to put electric copper picks up wires to get the electricity from the track to the wheels and up to the motor, and plus the wheels could also break easily considering the lack of plastic that would actually hold them to the chassie, and im sure 8 year old's (as indicated as recommended age on the Bachmann packaging) wouldn't know to be careful with models as much as us older folk know to, so yeah, bash and dash, as likely to happen as the narrow gauge engines, and...

wait there... i know im bringing this up again... but whats the chances of the narrow gauge engines now that blue mountain mystery is coming out?

Yorkshireman

Nil They would be too complicated and the market for them is too small. I agree about Dash and Bash, hence why I said they were probably the most unlikely to be chosen

PasqualeCS96

@Yorkshireman Stepney would also be on the list of classic engines left if Oliver was announced.

Yorkshireman

Oh silly me ;) Oh course he would. Stepney would be great from Bachmann, but I highly doubt it will happen regrettably  :(

TrainFan97

I assume that Oliver will be the ONLY locomotive character announced in the HO line next year.  :'(
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

For HiT engines, I can see Hiro, Stanley, or Rosie, not so much Bash & Dash or Diesel 10.

Yorkshireman

Stanley is a engine, which I could definitely see appearing in the range.

TrainFan97

If only Bachmann could announce more than one engine character a year. Maybe tone down the real-life locos a bit, and focus a little more on Thomas.

Yorkshireman

Its not going to happen and I'm glad. I'm a railway modeller and thomas fan so I get where the money goes. They can release more than one engine a year, they have done it before and will do it again. Is there any engines I listed that people strongly agree on bar the obvious one (Oliver)? Personally Rosie and Hiro are the engines I want with Oliver, course  ;D

thomasj219

I think Rosie has a much higher chance than Hiro she is smaller and more recognizable. Personally I don't like Rosie or Hiro too much. If there had to be a newer series character announced I would hope it would be Stanley.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

Personally if I wanted to see an engine with Oliver for next year I would say Stepney.  He's another small tank engine who I think could hold some great potential for Bachmann.

I would be more than satisfied if next year in HO we had:
Oliver
Stepney
Toad
Trevor

Kudos if anyone sees what I did here
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.