News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2013 Predictions Thread

Started by thomasj219, July 10, 2012, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

I know it seems early but we are half way there so lets hear what you guys think.

HO

Engines

Oliver

Arry & Bert

Stanley

Rolling Stock

Toad (if Oliver)
Red Coaches
A Van of some kind

Off Rail

Trevor

Large

Edward or Toby

Rolling Stock

Express Coaches
Mail Van
Various Trucks
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

ShadowMonk

For HO Scale

Engines:
Oliver

Rolling Stock:
Toad

Off-Rail:
Trevor

Hoping for the future along with what I mentioned above:
Daisy
Boco
Trevor
Spiteful Brakevan

SodorAdventures

These seem to be more of a wish list than predictions...

I believe this would be more fitting in the wish list category, however, my 2013 predictions are:

Engines:

Arry and Bert: For 2013, I think they will be taking a break from new molds.

Rolling stock:

Retiring Tar Wagon, and Red open wagon: Tar wagon is not seen often in the TV anymore, if at all, and red open wagon is one of their worse sellers.

That seems more realistic, rather than the so many engines listed before. Bachmann is not that quick! :)
Are you ready for Dover Valley's Facelift?

Visit our official site for more info:
                    http://www.sodoradventuresonline.com

ThomasFan247

Here are my predictions. I know not all of these will be released in one year, but the longer list gives more options.

HO Scale - Locos

Oliver: Seems likely. We've got numbers 1-10. We might as well add number 11 and add another classic character to the range.
'Arry and Bert: They've been featured quite a few times since their introduction in season 5, and we've already got Diesel, so all that's really needed is face changes, livery changes, and ladder removal.
Rosie: She's become a pretty popular character. Although a good portion of her appearances are cameos, she seems like a likely candidate for the range.
Molly: I know, sounds weird, but Bachmann has surprised us before. I feel if Bachmann was to surprise us again, Molly would be that one wild card thrown on top of the deck. Don't ask me for my reasoning, because I don't have any. I just feel like she'd be the one. Her color maybe? The fact that she's the only female tender engine besides Emily? I don't know. There's just something about her.
Whiff: Basically the same reasoning as ORN197. He's had frequent appearances in the CGI series, and even had a large role in Misty Island Rescue. I think he'd be a nice addition to the range.

Rolling Stock

Toad: If Oliver is released there is no doubt in my mind.
Plant/Scrap Wagon: This was originally featured in Henry's Forest for transporting new trees, but it has commonly been seen in the CGI series as a scrap car. With the lack of rolling stock being released and its uniqueness, I think this would be a pretty decent seller.
Red Coaches: I'm surprised these haven't been released yet. They've made appearances in the series in just about every season since their introduction in season 2. I'm sure these will be seen soon.
Rocky: It honestly wouldn't surprise me if Rocky was announced. He'd probably be released in packs because of his several parts, but ya never know. He may end up being an expensive piece of rolling stock, but it's not like the rest of the range is cheap :P

Off-Rail

Trevor: There aren't really any other road vehicles to be released, and he's a classic character. He'd be a beautiful model with Bachmann's craftsmanship, and there aren't really any other suitable Trevor models currently on the European and American markets to fit an HO/OO scale layout.
Butch: If Trevor wasn't announced, I'd imagine Butch with his recent role in the TVS.

Accessories

I've the slightest clue of what's to come accessory wise :P

Large Scale - Locos

Toby: Seems likely enough. He's a steam team member and an original character. I'd imagine he'd be pretty easy to make; he's small and square :P
Edward: Again, member of the steam team and original character. He's basically James' size, and with the shorter wheel base he'll easily be able to maneuver the standard 4ft radius curves.

Rolling Stock

Henrietta: If Toby is released, of course she will be too :P
Express Coaches: Not quite sure how likely these are because of their length, but they'd be a great addition to the range. There's always a chance :)
Ventilated Van: The LS range could use some vans ;)
Cattle Wagon: The cattle wagon was the first van in the HO range to be released. I could even see it being released before the ventilated van.
RF Container Wagon: Not the best seller in the HO range, but it's a flat bed, and it's short, so it can easily handle the standard curves.

Off-Rail

Bertie: If any road character was to be released in this range, it'd be Bertie. There's no doubt in my mind. He's had appearances in every season, and he was the first road vehicle released in the HO range. His release would make sense.

Accessories

Sir Topham Hatt/Conductor Figurines: Only thing I can think of that would be reasonably priced :P

TheJJ

For 2013...
HO
(Engines)
Oliver- Personal favorite of mine, it would finish the #1-11 engines. Popular character.
Rosie- Popular character, with a decent amount of screen time, would make another girl character (even though I'd rather see a Daisy)
'Arry and Bert- Can easily be made, would make more diesels I mean since there is only 3, decently popular
Stepney, BoCo, or Daisy- If classics, why not one of them?
(Rolling Stock)
Red Coaches- I have no clue how long we've been asking but can EASILY be made.
Toad- Only if Oliver cuz one without the other seems wrong
Chinese Dragon- It would be REALLY awesome
LS
(Engines)
Diesel
Toby
Rosie

HIGHLY doubtful but if Duck I would totally start buying LS
(Rolling Stock)
Henrietta
Van
Red Coach?

(yes...no reasoning for LS)

donaldthescottishtwin

It's all fun doing this but it's obvious they will put out only one engine we possibly won't want and a Large scale Toby.

DinoNTrains

Although my predictions are similar to others, here they are:

HO Scale
1. Engines
*Oliver (for reasons stated above)
2. Rolling Stock
*Toad (for reasons stated above)
*Red Coaches (for reasons stated above)
*we may not get any rolling stock at all (I'm sorry for sounding negative)

Large Scale
1. Engines
* I don't know, we may not get any
2. Rolling Stock
*Van of sorts
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

TrainFan2020

ho scale                                                     sorry i don't have large scale up because im not into it. :-[ Sorry people who like it :-[
engines:

OLIVER

arry and bert

stanley

lady

diesel 10 PLEASE!!!!!!

narrow gauge engines

rolling stock:

toad

flying kipper van

troublesome truck with cgi face

log loaders from misty island

milk wagon: yellow redesigned from the cgi show "thomas and friends"

buildings:

GREAT WATERTON

whiff's waste dump

wellsworth

toby's shed

cranky with cgi face

"old whizzy" from misty island

off rail:

bertie, harold, butch, trevor ,and captian with cgi face

sets:

flying kipper: comes with henry from season 1,flying kipper van [3],van [brown][2],and a brake van

percy's mail delivery: comes with percy,and 3 cgi mail vans

busy day at bredom docks: comes with cranky,salty,2 trucks,1 brown van [sorta like the mail van but brown],and 2 ships that would be seen on the tv show "thomas and friends"

and thats it!

timwojo ;D

deviousdiesel10

HO Scale Engines

Oliver:Seems pretty likely, and then we will have engines 1-11!

Arry and Bert:I think the range could use more diesels, and these two seem perfect. Just a simple mod of Diesel and new faces and paint, viola!

*This one is a wish item*Lady: Of course like people have said in the past, she isn't too well known, but I think Bachmann would do wonders with her.

HO Rolling Stock

Toad:Can't have Oliver without Toad.Everyone knows that!

Red Branchline Coaches:I don't know, seem like nice coaches.(Especially for James)

Narrowgauge111

to be honest, id be happy if they discontinued making engines after we get Oliver, the characters started getting dull after the early seasons.

ENGINES:
OLIVER
STEPNEY (please, please, please...)
ARRY
BERT

ROLLING STOCK:
RED COACHES
MISC. GOODS VANS

ROAD:
ACCURATE SIZED BERTIE
BULGY (BUS VERSION, NOT FRUIT STAND)
TREVOR? (has he showed up lately?)

sodorlad

Logically, I'd presume that Rosie, Whiff, Charlie or 'Arry and Bert will be produced next, due to their regular appearances in the show and in particular Rosie's strong marketing presence in other Thomas merchandise.

I'm perfectly happy with the Hornby Stepney, Oliver and Toad I have, so would feel it a little bit of a waste if Bachmann announced these.

I'd definitely like to see more than one model produced for HO next year.

I'd predict Toby or Diesel for large scale.
Botheration...

MetaDude27

My predictions are:

HO scale

Locomotives

Oliver - The last of the numbered engines, and is quite popular with the older fan-base.

'Arry and Bert - As stated, simply modify the Diesel model for two brand-new products.

Stepney - This one's more of a wish than an actual prediction. :P

Rolling Stock

Red Branchline Coaches - Would make excellent coaches for smaller engines such as Percy and James.

Toad - You can't have Oliver without his trusty brake van!

Breakdown Train - It just looks so awesome! ;D

Non-Rail Characters

Trevor - He's the last of the classic off-rail vehicles.

Large Scale

Locomotives

Toby - Popular and small in size.

Rolling Stock

Ventilated Van - The Large Scale line is in need of some box cars.

Salt Wagon - Same reason as Vent. Van.

JWR3001

I don't usually do this kind of thing (simply because I really can't predict what Bachmann will make next), but here it goes:

HO Scale Range:

Locomotives:

Oliver--Just because the demand for him from older fans has been so great since the announcement of Duck. Oliver is also the last engine left for Bachmann to release to complete its recent stream of classic characters.

Stanley--Stanley isn't as prominent a character as one in the so-called "Steam Team", however he isn't a one-time character either. His consistent appearances, in my opinion, make him a likely candidate for Bachmann's next project.

Harvey--What child hasn't wanted to stage an elaborate train crash (and an equally elaborate rescue operation afterwards)? Harvey would be a good candidate for Bachmann to make next, his constant association with accidents will satisfy any child's desire to re-enact their favourite accident scenes!

Rolling Stock:

Toad--If Oliver is made, then Toad should also be made (after all Toad is Oliver's primary companion). If Bachmann  neglected to release Toad at the same time they released Oliver, I doubt Toad would ever be released.

Red Coaches--Generic passenger coaches which would suit most engines nicely.

The Breakdown Train--For the same reason as Harvey, although I have no doubt Bachmann would release the Breakdown Crane before they ever considered releasing Harvey--the Breakdown Train can be pulled by any engine, and so would better complement Bachmann's existing range of Thomas engines than Harvey would.

Large Scale:

Locomotives:

Toby--Small (easier/cheaper to manufacture) and still retains the recognition of the present Thomas & Friends audience.

Edward--A bigger leap than Thomas or Percy, but not one as big as Gordon or Henry. Nicely situated in the middle for difficulty and cost of manufacture, and also retaining that recognition factor. Also a nice complement to James.

Rolling Stock:

Henrietta--Should Toby be released, Henrietta should also be made to complement Toby (not many existing Large Scale Rolling Stock items fit Toby that well, in my opinion).

Vans--Something the Large Scale range doesn't have yet. Perhaps a van a little less dull than an ordinary one (i.e The Fireworks Vans).

Mind you, I don't predict that all of these will be released, but that what Bachmann do release next year will be out of these.

JWR3001

Cheeky_ULP

These are all OO Scale predictions. I don't have any Large Scale equipment.

Scenario A:

Revisions:
This scenario occurs should Bachmann decide to take a break from new products and revise Thomas, Percy and James to the higher standard of Bachmanns newer products. This is a Quality vs Quantity scenario. All of these revisions would most likely take the CGI designs seen in the Large Scale range.

Candidates:
- Thomas
- Percy
- James
- Annie & Clarabel
- Henrys Tender
- Brake Van (made to look like a CGI brake van)

Scenario B:

Take it Easy:
In this scenario, Bachmann takes a break from whole new toolings, and reuses their Diesel tooling for either:

A: Arry & Bert, who had their first role in Season 5, but became the characters they are today in Season 6, not very classic.

B: Paxton, a newer engine who would be easy to make. Could be a way for Bachmann to test how popular sales would go with newer engines. Seems possible because of the upcoming Blue Mountain Mystery movie, and that he requires only a new face to be made, so almost no effort on Bachmanns part. Sidney and Norman seem to have been left in the dark for now.

C: All of the above occurs.

Scenario C:

Keep it Classic:
This scenario occurs should Bachmann decide to knock out the last of the classic era characters, which includes:
A: Oliver. If Bachmann is able to make Duck, then the next logical step would be Oliver.

B: You can't have Oliver without Toad, and with Scruffey already in the range, the three would make a great set together!

C: It's been awhile since we've gotten a road engine, and I'm sure most people agree that Trevor is wanted the most!

D: BoCo is another fan favorite from the classic era. He hasn't seen much light in newer episodes, but he would be a pretty easy engine to make on Bachmanns part.

E: Daisy and BoCo have a shared mechanism in the show, Bachmann could just as easily do this with Daisy and BoCo. Just change the bogie wheels!

F: Stepney has stuck around the show for a bit as a minor character, but his Season 4 episodes gained him a lot of popularity, as the Hornby Stepney clearly showed.

There's no telling which character Bachmann would do next, and in what order, but those are all of the classic era characters left for Bachmann to do, unless Bachmann wanted to do Bulgy and George too, but they don't see highly demanded.

Scenario D:
Any sort of combination of more than one scenario.

Rolling Stock:
The HO range hasn't seen many new wagons and coaches lately, most likely due to Bachmann prioritizing the Large Scale range. Here's some popular wagons Bachmann could make:

Scrap Wagon: Middle wagon, the really long one. A classic wagon that has been in the show since Season 2, but gets more regular use now.

The Breakdown Train: This could sell very well. Packaged with a crane and a flat bed, fans would be very eager to buy two of them, as well as a Works Unit, so that they can have a complete Breakdown Train. It also has a less complicated design than Rocky, who would require a lot more detail and more pieces, while the Breakdown Train is very straightforward, ideal for the range.

The Works Unit: Very much part of the classic Breakdown Train "set."

Red Coaches: These have been so highly demanded for so long, and they would be easy to do too. Bachmann already has a tooling for Annie and Clarabel, they would just have to be modified to have no faces, and the brake coach redesigned to be like in the TV series.

The Old Van: A popular van among the fans, whose popularity only increased when a fan made version was made in the train simulator Trainz, and was widely used by everyone. A symbol of the classic era troublesome trucks.

Alternate versions could be done as:

or as:

0-4-0

For Large Scale next year I'd definitely like to see Toby, it would be a fine addition. Bachmann haven't made any diesels in the large scale range yet so Diesel would be a nice one. I'm sure there would be a big market for that because people would buy to chop up and convert to a class 10 or 8.  As for the rolling stock, there is a market for box vans. Personally, I'd LOVE to see the mail coaches come out in large scale, there is nothing on the large scale market like this though I doubt they will be released next year.