News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2013 Predictions Thread

Started by thomasj219, July 10, 2012, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 07, 2012, 12:02:21 AM
We don't really have to make up or minds, we all want different things. BACHMANN's minds are the ones that need to be made up.
I guess you're right. Along with Oliver, they need to decide which others they should make.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Yorkshireman

We are all putting our opinions out there for Bachmann to see. There is nothing to say Oliver will be produced anyway. Its likely, but not certain.

TrainFan97

It'll be fine, as long as Oliver and Toad aren't the only ones next year. Because this year's announcements we're disappointing. Just 2 things! 1 engine, and 1 freight car. They need to know that the red branchline coaches have been in demand for so long. I suppose it'll be okay if AT LEAST those got released with Oliver and Toad.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

thomasj219

You do understand that Oliver and Toad are NOT confirmed yet right? Only because you speak of them as though they are, they are likely and in extreme demand but they may not be made. Also this year's announcements were actually quite satisfying I thought, with all for the large scale range as well. We got Duck and if we have to sacrifice another engine and some rolling stock for that year to get him I say...so be it.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

DrNickRiviera995

Around what time of the year are the new products typicaly announced?  Haven't really paid that much attention to the product line and I've only been buying in the range for about 2 years now.  Also does anyone know what sort of contract Bachmann has with Thomas?   How many years are left on it at the moment or anything of that nature?  I'm really just starting to get into it and I'm happy there is so much great stuff in the line. 

Anyone else take much notice of the mail cars changing to the mail logo seen in the CGI stuff instead of the original "Sodor Mail" lettering?  I wanted to get a 2nd one to match my old one and see they've changed.  And most of the ebay sellers have the new printing even if they're using the old stock photos.

thomasj219

The products are always announced in February at the toy fair in New York. BACHMANN's deal with Thomas has no time constraints as far as we know, they will continue to add to the line as long as it is profitable on both ends. Which it should be for some time, HORNBYS range has been going since 1985 and shows no signs of stopping even if the range is not added to as much as BACHMANN'S. And yes we have noticed not only the mail car changing but tankers as well. Unfortunately that is what will happen to all of that type of stock eventually, HiT wants them to keep up with the current look of the show. You should still be able to find the old style without too much difficulty you just need to do careful shopping.   

TrainFan97

Okay, now I understand everything.

DrNickRiviera995

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 07, 2012, 03:02:23 PM
The products are always announced in February at the toy fair in New York. BACHMANN's deal with Thomas has no time constraints as far as we know, they will continue to add to the line as long as it is profitable on both ends. Which it should be for some time, HORNBYS range has been going since 1985 and shows no signs of stopping even if the range is not added to as much as BACHMANN'S. And yes we have noticed not only the mail car changing but tankers as well. Unfortunately that is what will happen to all of that type of stock eventually, HiT wants them to keep up with the current look of the show. You should still be able to find the old style without too much difficulty you just need to do careful shopping.   

Thanks for that input...I'll need to keep an eye out around February for news :) 

As for the changes like the mail cars...it seems a little strange since in alot of ways the range seems to go more in the direction of the show's roots with Bill/Ben, Donald/Douglas, Duck and other items coming out in the past couple years which I don't seem to see all that much if at all on the CGI series...though I haven't seen much of it other than the 3 movies and a handful of TV episodes.

thomasj219

Yes but you must understand all those characters must be approved by HiT first. BACHMANN has been known to fight for characters they know we want even if HiT does not, like Duck. So it is not surprising to me that BACHMANN gives in on the smaller things like changing the rolling stock so they can cotinue to make the characters we want. It keeps the range making money for them because they know what their customers want and it establishes a good relationship with HiT as it shows they can reach compromises and don't just do things their way. Sort of a give and take system, plus it makes HiT more willing to do characters that BACHMANN wants in the future because of proven success.

So HiT gets updated stock and we get Duck. Keep in mind that what I have said here is by no means fact but based on obersvarion of the range over the years it can easily be assumed things are done this way, it's the best buissnes for all concerned. As for us, we are the happy customers who deal with updated stock but get Duck as well, and that is a trade I would make any day and I'm sure so would most of you. :)

donaldthescottishtwin

Anything for our loved Ducky I say.

TrainFan97

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 07, 2012, 06:56:02 PM
Yes but you must understand all those characters must be approved by HiT first. BACHMANN has been known to fight for characters they know we want even if HiT does not, like Duck. So it is not surprising to me that BACHMANN gives in on the smaller things like changing the rolling stock so they can cotinue to make the characters we want. It keeps the range making money for them because they know what their customers want and it establishes a good relationship with HiT as it shows they can reach compromises and don't just do things their way. Sort of a give and take system, plus it makes HiT more willing to do characters that BACHMANN wants in the future because of proven success.

So HiT gets updated stock and we get Duck. Keep in mind that what I have said here is by no means fact but based on obersvarion of the range over the years it can easily be assumed things are done this way, it's the best buissnes for all concerned. As for us, we are the happy customers who deal with updated stock but get Duck as well, and that is a trade I would make any day and I'm sure so would most of you. :)

Diesel must have been a piece of cake. Because he appears a lot now.

thomasj219

Yes which is why I think HiT won out with the face. Hopefully they see that was the wrong choice.

TrainFan97

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 07, 2012, 08:00:18 PM
Yes which is why I think HiT won out with the face. Hopefully they see that was the wrong choice.

Because Diesel's old devious-looking face suits him a lot better. That friendly-looking CGI face defeats his devious character. He looks like he loves pink fluffy kittens! At least they gave him the silver side rods he used to have. They must have also given him the CGI face, so he won't scare kids. Because if they gave him an ANGRY face, and if a kid saw that, they'd freak out!

thomasj219

I Really doubt kids would freak out, kids today are so sheltered that everything is scary now. It's sad.

Anthony P2

tell me about it.... ::)  that's why there aren't as many awesome crashes in Thomas any more, because parents kept writing into HiT saying that the show was to violent. give me a break  ::)  i read some were a while ago i forget were though.  :P