News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2013 Predictions Thread

Started by thomasj219, July 10, 2012, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Since BoCo and Daisy are very unlikely for Bachmann to make, our only hope is for those diesels to return in the CGI series. With an old writer back, it's likely that old classic characters will return. Let's not give up hope!
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on August 08, 2012, 11:22:05 PM
Well, according to donaldthescotishtwin, Season 17 Episode 1 will be an adaption to Super Rescue which will mark the return of Duck, the Scottish Twins, a full appearance and probably bigger role for Flying Scotsman (since only his tenders appeared and his name wasn't mentioned in that Season 3 Episode). Also making their appearance as no longer RWS-exclusive characters: Diesel 199 and Diesel 7101/Bear. ;)

Although there's no real proof that this is real yet, but I really hope it is, it will be one of the best episodes ever, especially since it'll be a comeback for great writing.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,14573.msg168914.html#msg168914

No Super Rescue.

Cupix the Azelf

I know that.
I'm wishing Andrew would do that, but I doubt it at this rate. :(
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Yorkshireman

I wouldn't get your hopes down, Andrew will be great for the series. It can't get any worse. I just hope that we get back Thomas's branchline in it's true form. It would be great to see Ffarquhar again.  Single line too!

Cupix the Azelf

Well, according to Blue Mountain Mystery, Andrew Brenner edited the script... I saw the movie last week and I really enjoyed it... could that be the start of seeing Andrew's amazing writing charm? :o
I'm not kidding, I enjoyed every minute and every second of that movie, the writing was brilliant and it wasn't boring in some cases like DOTD (sort of) and MIR (definitely). No offense to the fans of those other movies, of course. ;)
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

Yorkshireman

Cupix is right. There is no use expecting the worst. Times are changing and we can finally move on from 8 years of awful writing. Brenner is wise to look at previous stories on TTTE wika. The reintroduction of old charectors (Duck ect), the introduction of new British Locomotives and the reintroduction of old locations are all likely. The CGI Percy's Scarf and The Sad Story of Henry are both massive leaps forward towards the links with older stories.  ;D

thomasj219

Where did you hear that? Or was it merely a suggestion? I would love that too, I feel we shouldn't get our hopes too high but I do feel Andrew will do right by us. Arc is a completely new company and will probably want to be different from Nitrogen style wise, which may lead to a slightly darker style. However it could mean an even lighter cartoon style, I hope not but we can't be sure. Anyway I feel brenners writing will have an impact on which way that decision goes and I think he will steer them in the right direction.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Calebtrain

SPOILERS!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU WISH NOT TO BE INFORMED ON THE UPCOMING MOVIE, BLUE MOUNTAIN MYSTERY! The movie features a scene where the engines have flashbacks on past events on "bad" things they did. Percy remembers the scene in "A scarf for Percy", Henry remembers "The sad story of Henry", and Thomas remembers "Down the Mine". The flashbacks are short sequences of the classic stories in CGI, with the engine narrating. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

thomasj219

NO WAY GET OUT!!! That's amazing, the first thing Brenner even slightly touches and this is the result. I have a feeling we are really going to enjoy Season 17! Thank you Mr Brenner for appreciating Thomas' TRUE nature.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Calebtrain on August 10, 2012, 04:55:03 PM
SPOILERS!!!!!! DO NOT READ IF YOU WISH NOT TO BE INFORMED ON THE UPCOMING MOVIE, BLUE MOUNTAIN MYSTERY! The movie features a scene where the engines have flashbacks on past events on "bad" things they did. Percy remembers the scene in "A scarf for Percy", Henry remembers "The sad story of Henry", and Thomas remembers "Down the Mine". The flashbacks are short sequences of the classic stories in CGI, with the engine narrating. ;)
How do you know? Did the movie come out already?

thomasj219

I may be wrong, but I'm assuming he saw it in theaters. Limited engagement right?

ThomasFan247

UnknownThomasFan1 uploaded the clips to YouTube a few days ago but took them soon after. Not sure where he got them though.

Calebtrain

Yep, He's right.  ;D  I will be uploading them to YouTube as unlisted, and I'll  post the link later. :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

thomasj219

Oh please notify as soon as you do,  ;D if you make it private I would love if you could list me as allowed to view. My name is the same on YouTube. Thanks again for telling us about this I am really eager to see it now.

Shawn

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 11, 2012, 11:07:38 PM
Oh please notify as soon as you do,  ;D if you make it private I would love if you could list me as allowed to view. My name is the same on YouTube. Thanks again for telling us about this I am really eager to see it now.

I catched it when it when it was completly public,  and I can't wait now!