STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 02, 2020, 10:54:05 AM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Check out the photo gallery link above or >click here< to see photos of recently announced products!
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  2013 Predictions Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print
Author Topic: 2013 Predictions Thread  (Read 68030 times)
Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 13, 2012, 08:34:14 AM »

I don't really mind the CGI. I think that Nitrogen did a great job at the animation. I'm looking forward to the new animation, but there will be nothing like the good ol' models.  Wink
MetaDude27
« Reply #91 on: August 13, 2012, 09:52:10 AM »

That was really impressive! My favorite part was when the track caves in during the "Down the Mine" flashback, as compared to the original episode in which the hole just spontaneously appears. Tongue
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 02:31:53 PM by MetaDude27 » Logged
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 13, 2012, 02:57:35 PM »

I love that they tried to keep the camera angles the same. Even tha DANGER sign was exactly how it used to be. Great work.

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2012, 07:09:49 PM »

That was awsome. If the whole episode was to be remade in CGI, it would be interesting to see how the classic scenery/sights are portrayed in in CGI, like the Vicker's orchard and the bridge where Bulgy got stuck.
thomasj219

Thomas Will Be Coming Down Our Track Forever!!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »

That would be extremely interesting, I would watch. The only thing I didn't like about one flashback was at the mine the trucks were all different colors :/

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.
JWR3001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: August 15, 2012, 07:39:53 AM »

Well, those are some scenes you wouldn't expect to see in CGI Thomas! It's interesting to see how Nitrogen Studios reinvented each scene, I enjoyed each one & I hope to see more like them in the future series.

I'm equally suprised about even seeing them at all--the original stories were filmed some 20+ years ago, I don't think many Thomas fans of the new generation would have heard of them before--all the more reason to include them, I suppose!

JWR3001

Anthony P2

this Doctor doesn't shut railways down

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 15, 2012, 12:48:36 PM »

That would be extremely interesting, I would watch. The only thing I didn't like about one flashback was at the mine the trucks were all different colors :/

i didn't like that part of the scene either. I never really liked the whole idea of different color trucks (i.e. red, blue, orange/brown) but recently i learned, after looking for some more trucks on Hattons, that there were different color trucks on different railways, only they were privet owner wagons. If they could introduce more privet owner wagons, like S.C.Ruffey, into the series to make it more realistic.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2012, 03:18:49 PM »

I heard rumors that said that they will announce Diesel 10 next year. Are you sure that Diesel 10 will sell very well?

My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, Black James, and BoCo.
PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2012, 03:24:14 PM »

I heard rumors that said that they will announce Diesel 10 next year. Are you sure that Diesel 10 will sell very well?
Sorry, the rumors are wrong, Diesel 10 is not being made by Bachmann anytime soon. Truthfully there is no reason for him to be built by Bachmann.
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2012, 03:27:19 PM »

Sorry, the rumors are wrong, Diesel 10 is not being made by Bachmann anytime soon. Truthfully there is no reason for him to be built by Bachmann.

Pinchy would have to be manually operated, and it would be difficult to move it like on the show.

fitzythe4p

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2012, 08:36:41 PM »

realistically, I can see Oliver being made for the range, but in a way I don't feel like the next release will be him. I feel that Bachmann might throw us a curveball here. One of the engines I think has a very good chance of being made is Whiff. He's a very popular TV character, small in size, and no one's expecting him XD
JWR3001

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2012, 10:29:23 PM »

Truthfully there is no reason for him to be built by Bachmann.

I know that the rumours are false (I don't think Bachmann are the type to dip their feet in spreading rumours), but I must say that I don't quite agree with that statement.

Diesel 10 is a lot like Diesel, Arry & Bert in that he is a villain of the show (and arguably a more interesting one at that) and will appeal to children who want to recreate their favourite "good guy vs. bad guy" scenes (a lot like action figures). There are also several things about him that will definitely earn a "thumbs-up" from kids, like the fact that he is larger than most engines, or that he has a claw (something which no other engine has). I have a hunch that kids will be more excited to see Diesel 10 rolling by on their train sets than some of the more minor, one-off characters.

If Bachmann can find some way of creating a safe and operable "pinchy" (which seems to be the only complication at this point), then I can't see why they shouldn't make him. There is definitely potential in making Diesel 10

Of course I don't decide what Bachmann makes...as far as I'm concerned, what they make for 2013 is anyone's guess!  Wink

JWR3001

PasqualeCS96

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2012, 11:53:02 PM »

And hopefully it's at least Oliver and Toad.  Wink
TrainFan97

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »

If Bachmann were to make 'Arry, Bert, and Diesel 10, they WILL have CGI faces. I liked the model faces a lot better. But if CGI is what modern kids are into, it's their choice.

Zorran202

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 21, 2012, 08:02:19 PM »

Seeing that Diesel was one of the first characters to have a CGI face. Maybe they may/may not have these CGI faces (at least for the characters that appeared in the CGI series as of now and as of last year's line up, Diesel).

Idk, I thought the CGI implements were supposed to be on the Large Scale models only, but hey, I guess I was wrong on that! -_-'
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: