News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2013 Predictions Thread

Started by thomasj219, July 10, 2012, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Zorran202 on August 21, 2012, 08:02:19 PM
Seeing that Diesel was one of the first characters to have a CGI face. Maybe they may/may not have these CGI faces (at least for the characters that appeared in the CGI series as of now and as of last year's line up, Diesel).

Idk, I thought the CGI implements were supposed to be on the Large Scale models only, but hey, I guess I was wrong on that! -_-'
Quote from: TrainFan97 on August 18, 2012, 12:02:14 AM
If Bachmann were to make 'Arry, Bert, and Diesel 10, they WILL have CGI faces. I liked the model faces a lot better. But if CGI is what modern kids are into, it's their choice.
Donald and Douglas didn't get CGI faces, nor Bill and Ben thank goodness.

Cupix the Azelf

Pasquale, don't mean to criticize you, but are you saying CGI faces are bad?
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: Cupix the Azelf on August 21, 2012, 11:21:29 PM
Pasquale, don't mean to criticize you, but are you saying CGI faces are bad?
Yes, thats exactly what I'm saying. The model faces were 100% better. I don't want this to go any further either, that is just my two cents on CGI.

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Calebtrain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Calebtrain

I am always willing to help the best way I can. :)

Cupix the Azelf

Well, just want to remind you that Bachmann may listen to us on what we want, but not entirely on details, I believe that's HiT's decision... (hence the reason Fred Pelhay and Rickety were cancelled) especially since we weren't expecting Diesel with a CGI face?
Thomas + Bachmann = the True Thomas Experience.

thomasj219

Just because a company may not always choose to go in that direction doesn't change the fact that we believe it is the better choice for the model.

Zorran202

I don't mind the CGI animation (given the current state of the world...), but the faces (especially on a certain character I like) needs some teensy tiny bit of adjusting to do...

Given the rising chances of old characters returning (ones that stuck around during our childhoods), perhaps Oliver would be the next contender (seeing that the first GWR engine is close to being on a shelf in a store and that DD, BB, and Diesel were made for the range)... Just me though.

thomasj219

Well with production moving to a different company Thomas may have a whole new look soon.

donaldthescottishtwin

Hopefully yes, if they can try to replicate the model faces in CGI and make it look more realistic insted of that Saturday morning kids animated cartoon rubbish I will be happy.

DinoNTrains

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on August 17, 2012, 11:53:02 PM
And hopefully it's at least Oliver and Toad.  ;)

I think we're all hoping that. ;)  I just hope that if they are made, they will use model era faces, although CGI faces for the characters were used. Nonetheless, model face or CGI face, it would be great to have these characters for the Thomas range.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

thomasj219

Great list, what are your thoughts on the Red Coaches?

Chaz

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 06, 2012, 02:34:09 PM
Great list, what are your thoughts on the Red Coaches?

Considering the lack of rolling stock we've been getting recently, I can imagine Bachmann doing Toad with Oliver along with one piece of rolling stock that'd be easy for Bachmann to manage.  Something like the log car or a new troublesome truck would be ideal in this case.  I personally found the log car more likely in that case, as awesome as a new troublesome truck sounds.

Personally I'd love it if they did the red coaches, but I think Bachmann could see Oliver and Toad as a higher priority compared to them at the moment.  That being said I'd love to be proven wrong and I think they'd be a more logical choice to come out with Oliver, Toad, and Trevor since they are all popular in demand. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

thomasj219

True, also they were always pulled by Oliver and Duck, along with others.

PasqualeCS96

Quote from: thomasj219 on September 06, 2012, 04:58:13 PM
True, also they were always pulled by Oliver and Duck, along with others.
The red coaches would be nice since the Red Express caoches were discontinued.