Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2013 Predictions Thread

Started by thomasj219, July 10, 2012, 02:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrainFan97

Quote from: PasqualeCS96 on September 06, 2012, 06:51:08 PM
Quote from: thomasj219 on September 06, 2012, 04:58:13 PM
True, also they were always pulled by Oliver and Duck, along with others.
The red coaches would be nice since the Red Express caoches were discontinued.

At least the red branchline coaches would be better.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

jleight

:'( 2012 was a disappointing year for new Thomas additions.  ;D I hope 2013 will be much better. As for my WISH LIST or hopeful predictions I would like to see the following as a minumum:

Engines: Belle, Diesel 10, Flynn, HIRO, Murdoch, Rosie, Stepney, Victor, Whiff

Cars: Rocky, Garbage Car, Kevin

Other things: Knapford Station (Building), Diesel Works, Toby's Shed, Farmer McCall's Farm, Whiff's Waste Dump

These are just a few of my wishes. I know it will be many years before Bachmann gets around to all the Thomas items but we can only hope they will pick up the pace a little.

TrainFan97

Quote from: jleight on September 08, 2012, 10:15:16 AM
:'( 2012 was a disappointing year for new Thomas additions.  ;D I hope 2013 will be much better. As for my WISH LIST or hopeful predictions I would like to see the following as a minumum:

Engines: Belle, Diesel 10, Flynn, HIRO, Murdoch, Rosie, Stepney, Victor, Whiff

Cars: Rocky, Garbage Car, Kevin

Other things: Knapford Station (Building), Diesel Works, Toby's Shed, Farmer McCall's Farm, Whiff's Waste Dump

These are just a few of my wishes. I know it will be many years before Bachmann gets around to all the Thomas items but we can only hope they will pick up the pace a little.

Victor is Narrow Gauge.
My wishlist for HO Scale: Stepney, BoCo, Sidney, Fernando, Mainland Diesels, Norman, Porter, Samson, Timothy, Whiff, Hiro, Winston, and Green Salty.
My wishlist for N Scale: Henry, Edward, Spencer, Flying Scotsman, Duck, Oliver, Mavis, Sidney, 'Arry and Bert.

DinoNTrains

That's true, but Bachmann has made trains that run with any HO track that are based on narrow gauge lines. Of course, I am speaking of their Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad Set.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

jleight

Ok, educate me. If Victor is narrow gauge then how does he get around the Steam Works? Do they have separate tracks for Victor to run on? Not to be smart but I don't understand.

Cheeky_ULP

Yes he does have separate tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZHZcYXj_ZA

There's also the episode "Don't Bother Victor."

branmas

And not to be rude or anything, but Knapford Station has been released. Soooo... :-\

DinoNTrains

Quote from: Brandude!!! =D on September 08, 2012, 05:25:02 PM
And not to be rude or anything, but Knapford Station has been released. Soooo... :-\

I think what jleight means is that he would like to see an actual building for Knapford Station in addition to the platforms
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

branmas

Chaz

My original predictions list still remains the same but with the somewhat hype going on about revisions here is what I think we would most likely get if revisions really were going to happen anytime soon:
Duck - Already confirmed to be out in 2013
Red coaches - These have been in demand for quite some time, if we get no engines I certainly hope we get some decent rolling stock this year.  The red coaches would hit the nail with the hammer on that note for many fans!
Trevor - Same reasons as I noted in my earlier post.
Set of signals - I know this sounds a bit random, but I'm kinda surprised Bachmann actually hasn't made signals for their Thomas range, apart from the signal gantry but I don't feel like that really counts since it's a plasticville repaint and it's discontinued...  
Revisions - If I had to take a guess at what would be revised it would be along the lines of Thomas, Percy, and James.  Just a few repaints to make them look more accurate and new faces to represent their current looks for the CGI series.

Large scale remains the same as I posted earlier just because I don't see how HO revisions would affect the progress of that range.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Cirkit:)

If we're sticking just to the classics, then I agree completely with ModelTrainFan538's predictions.
The red coaches, passenger and brake, would be marvelous. I would fully expect Trevor to come along soon, to finish off the S2 wave of non-rail characters, and I'm surprised at the signals- don't know why I didn't think of them before. They are certainly needed for the range.

The Bachmann James needs those oddly excluded parts (red part under smokebox, wheels, etc) licked up in black, and an open cab if at all possible :3
Percy could also benefit from having a few modifications. Other than his face, Thomas looks fine as-is. :)

I would only add the inclusion of the Multipurpose (Scrap/Tree/Log) Bogied Wagons seen in Seasons 2 & 3 (and more recently in CGI as well), or the China Clay Wagons, which are essentially shorter versions of this truck.

If we weren't keeping to strictly 'classic characters/stock', I'd go with the flow and say Arry and Bert would follow soon, considering how easy it has been for others to modify the Bachmann Diesel body to make the two. One modeler in particular comes to mind.

I would also like it if perhaps a character not released by either of the two HO/OO Thomas model making companies to come to light, the likes of Rosie and Stanley come to mind, mostly because I really like them. However, I believe it wouldn't just be Thomas modelers and young ones picking up these from their local hobby store. I could see many getting their hands on Rosie to convert her to a USA Dock Tank, and Stanley would just require a lick of new paint and a smokebox door to convert him to a new industrial tank engine. I mean, there is already a model of his prototype in O gauge, and that seems to be doing well- imagine the possibilities for OO/HO gauge! :D