News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Scroll Button on Long Posts

Started by Rod in PA, July 10, 2012, 11:42:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rod in PA

Mr Bach-Man,

I noticed a problem when typing a long post.  Once the initial page is filled with text, the scroll button will appear to the right.  After typing about two more lines, the screen continually jumps back several lines as you type and you can't see what you are typing.

Am I not doing something correct when typing a lengthy post?  Or is there a software problem within the program?

Please help,
Rod in PA

Doneldon

Rod-

You didn't do anything incorrectly. This is the way the site works. I often wonder if it's a not-so-accidental
way to discourage what miight be seen as overly long posts. I agree that the jumping around can be a real
annoyance.
                      -- D

richg

Very simple to open a Word document. Make you document, Do a Spell Check. Copy and Paste it into the message. Sign your name.
Done.
If you do not have  theMicrosoft Word Application in your PC, download Open Office which pretty much does the same and is free and they do not track you or ask for money. You do not have to join anything to download it. I have done this for many years as has my stepson.

Rich

Johnson Bar Jeff

Quote from: Rod in PA on July 10, 2012, 11:42:44 AM
Mr Bach-Man,

I noticed a problem when typing a long post.  Once the initial page is filled with text, the scroll button will appear to the right.  After typing about two more lines, the screen continually jumps back several lines as you type and you can't see what you are typing.

Am I not doing something correct when typing a lengthy post?  Or is there a software problem within the program?

Please help,
Rod in PA

I had that problem with a couple of different sites on which I participate. It wasn't a site-specific problem, it was an Internet Explorer issue. Once I clicked the Compatibility button, the problem was solved. The Compatibility button should be in the tool bar at the top of your screen. It has a little picture of what looks like a sheet of paper torn in half.

I sympathize with you. That jumping around drove me nuts until somebody suggested to me to click on the Compatibility button.

JBJ.

Jim Banner

Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

richg

IE 8 seems to be the problem. I have seen some in the Trains.com site post a message with no text. Only the subject heading They could not even ask a question as to why they could not post a message. Some there guessed and told them about the comparability issue Icon.
I run a Linux Operating System and Firefox so I never see that Icon.
Many are not aware the Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with Windows.

Rich

Rod in PA

Thanks to all for the suggestions.
The next time I get long winded explaining how I installed a sound decoder, I'll give them a try.
Have a good day.
Rod

Johnson Bar Jeff