News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large Scale steam engine

Started by buider, July 12, 2012, 02:50:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buider

I recently bought a Steam engine at a sale. I tried to find some info on it but no luck. I think it is missing the tender car  I can find no number on it anywhere but it does say Bachmann on it. It is blue in color is lettered B&O with the numbers 1332. It has a place to plug in something in the engine compartment and a switch to turn on sound. I am a HO modeler so have no clue what I have. Can anyone help me?

Thanks Larry

Chuck N

What is the wheel arrangement: 4-6-0? A little more of a description would be helpful.

Have you looked at the product information tab at the top of the Bachmann site and then go to Large Scale, then Locomotives and sets, and see it you can find it (or something similar) there?  I think that a B&O engine was part of a set a while back.  "Loco Bill" will be able to give you an answer when he is back on line.  I think that I recently saw that he was going to be away for a week or so.

Chuck

buider

veetwelve

H Larry,

B&O engine #1332 is a Big Hauler series; it came with the "Royal Blue" starter set.  I got mine around the mid-1990's, but I understand that set was part of the product line-up for quite a while.

Hope this helps!
Jay

buider

Thanks wish I could get a picture of it or some info so I would no what it might be worth.

Thanks Larry

JerryB

Quote from: buider on July 13, 2012, 12:47:03 PM
Thanks wish I could get a picture of it or some info so I would no what it might be worth.

Thanks Larry

Larry:

The engine, used, and without a tender is not worth very much. Perhaps between $10.00 and $50.00 to someone looking for fodder for a conversion project or for parts.

The boxed set had the engine, the tender, two cars, track, pier set, power supply and some other bits. And, it was new, boxed, with a factory warranty.

Here is a link to Bachmann Trains currently for sale on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5358&_nkw=bachmann+trains+g+scale&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc

Scroll down to find both a complete Royal Blue set (currently at $50.00) and a tender tank (only) for the 4-6-0 (currently $0.99). Several pages there.

Hope this helps & Happy RRing,

Jerry
Sequoia Pacific RR in 1:20 / 70.6mm
Boonville Light & Power Co. in 1:20 / 45mm
Navarro Engineering & Construction Co. in 1:20 / 32mm
NMRA Life Member #3370
Member: Bay Area Electric Railway Association
Member: Society for the Preservation of Carter Railroad Resources