News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Ridin' the Rails with Cliff

Started by altterrain, August 01, 2007, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

altterrain

The crew of the Dunkirk (kitbashed from Bachmann products) with engineer Cliff had a video crew along to videotape a tour of the C&A Ry.  Cliff is one of Jack Hewitt's (Rastun) figures designed for the Bachmann Ten Wheeler cab. The vid is a quick 3 minutes long and was done with my Canon A70 camera. The loco has no sound but the sound the camera picked up is interesting.

-Brian

President of

Dale Loyet

Great train ride, and I love your tour of the layout. You have done some nice work, and can be very proud of it.

Yorkie

That was a real pleasure to watch. Great work. It would be very interesting to see the camera set-up you used to film it.

altterrain

Quote from: Yorkie on August 04, 2007, 04:43:29 PM
That was a real pleasure to watch. Great work. It would be very interesting to see the camera set-up you used to film it.

Thanks guys!

Yorkie,

Nothing special was used to do this. The camera was a standard digital camera (Canon A70 3mp) set on movie mode with auto settings, 320x240 pixels. The camera was attached to a little Sony table top tripod (no longer made)-

folded flat and strapped down to a flatcar in front with velcro straps.

The video is also up on YouTube now -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkbYjbVhgjw

-Brian
President of

Ladder72

Brian - Thanks for the great ride. My boys have watched it many, many, many (ok you get the point) times. Thanks for sharing. Trent