News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012 NMRA Show

Started by Pacific Northern, July 10, 2012, 11:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beampaul7

How about an American style roundhouse to go with the Bachmann turntable?

john tricarico

im hoping bachmann takes the E60 and makes  the n.j. transit version and the amtrak E60M version

thewvnetwork

Is anyone on here able to make it out to the show?  Would be nice to see some pics if so...   :)

beampaul7

Check out Model Railroader website new products.  F-7's with sound value and much more!

Eman627

Any new HO steam? Anybody?

Steam is King

First Bachmann Release:

Electro-Motive Division DDA40X Centennial diesel locomotive. Union Pacific. Three road numbers. Features SoundTraxx Sound Value sound decoder. $259 each. October 2012. Ready-to-run.

Electro-Motive Division F7A and F7B diesel locomotives. Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe (warbonnet); New York Central (lightning stripe); Norfolk Southern; Southern Pacific (black widow); and Pennsylvania RR (single stripe). Die-cast metal chassis, separately applied windshield wipers, and Blomberg trucks. Features SoundTraxx Sound Value sound decoder. $169 each. December 2012. Ready-to-run. Bachmann

General Electric 44-ton diesel locomotive. New road numbers: Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe and Pennsylvania RR. With Digital Command Control. $97. September 2012. Ready-to-run. Bachmann

NO HO STEAM (AS OF YET)

N SCALE STEAM: Alco 2-6-0 steam locomotive. Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe; Boston & Maine; Canadian National; New York Central; Pennsylvania RR; and Union Pacific. Die-cast metal chassis and cylinders, metal valve gear and side rods, and light-emitting diode headlight and back-up light. With Digital Command Control for speed, direction, and lighting. $179. September 2012. Ready-to-run. Bachmann

O SCALE STEAM: Baldwin 2-4-4-2 articulated locomotive. Painted black but unlettered with steel or wood cab and with or without red windows and white stripes. Die-cast metal construction, light-emitting diode headlights, and choice of three stacks and headlights. With Digital Command Control decoder for speed, direction, and lighting (SoundTraxx 16-bit sound module sold separately, $119). $525. Ready-to-run. Bachmann

LARGE SCALE: Denver & Rio Grande Western class C-19 2-8-0 steam locomotive. 1:20.3 proportion. Denver & Rio Grande Western (Flying Grande lettering with short tender, "bumble bee" scheme with short tender, or Royal Gorge herald with long tender), Rio Grande Southern (sunrise herald with short tender), painted black but unlettered with short tender, and painted black but unlettered with red and white trim and long tender. Can motor; all-metal gearbox; printed-circuit board to accommodate direct current, Digital Command Control, or remote control operation; and two optical sensors for adjusting timing and count of steam chuffs. $1,575. October 2012. Ready-to-run. Bachmann, 215-533-1600

Large scale locomotives. Short Line RR 0-4-0 with tender ($129) and 0-4-0T ($99). Li'l Big Haulers. Bachmann, 215-533-1600

Doesn't look good for HO Steam...Oh well...

ebtnut

Is that 2-4-4-2 O scale/gauge, or On30?

max (uk)

The 2-4-4-2 is an On30 item.

Pictures can be seen in the article:

http://mrr.trains.com/en/News%20and%20Reviews/New%20Products/2012/08/2012%20National%20Train%20Show%20preliminary%20report.aspx

I don't know if it was a mistake or not, but I saw the large scale C-19 at a show in the UK back in may...

Max

ryeguyisme

Well considering bachmann came out with 2 steamers in HO last year, we probably have a better chance expecting a new engine in 2013. Although I was kind of shocked it was all diesels across the board with even other manufacturers. Of course there's others I can't mention here that are coming out with a PRR consolidation and a USRA light and heavy pacific, so now we just have harrimans and other nifty steam to look forward to being released, the alco mogul and the EM-1 really shocked me as I wasn't expecting modern small power and a behemoth of an engine from bachmann though I have to say it paces the way for bachmann to make more heavy modern equipment. A DRGW L-131 would be good as for a while they were the largest steam power in existence yet only done in brass and qquite popular among modelers.

A Norfolk and western Z-1 2-6-6-2 would be perfect, you could cover 2 roads with that model the DRGW and N&W and save on tooling with the 2-6-6-2 chassis and the tender redesigned from the bachmann auxiliary tender. I'm shocked this hasn't been done yet.

And PRR K3's could be done with existing tooling and the N&W had these engines as well

Another one would be a Denver and Salt Lake 2-6-6-0 which would look good even on 18 inch radius and the DRGW owned these as well

DMIR Yellowstones have still yet to be done in diecast and Plastic, everyone is waiting for one of the manufacturers to finally take the dive, its just a matter of time IMO. Found it strange they chose the EM-1 instead....

WE NEED MORE WESTERN ENGINES IN HO

beampaul7

High all

Is it just my imagination or are those dynamic break fans on the F-7's bigger than the other fan sizes ala F-9?

Steam is King

I know we can't always get what we want, but it is thoroughly disappointing to see that even older steam locomotives like the 4-6-0's or even the Lt. 4-8-2 didn't get a rerun.

I congratulate Bachmann on the On30 line development. They're cashing in on an aging Baby Booming generation who modeled HO but are losing the ability to handle the small trains and fell in love with the larger On30. The On30 gear is some really nice stuff!

Once again, I can hope that Bachmann will put out the Ventura County No. 2, Baldwin 2-6-2. But that will have to wait for the powers to be to see it would be winner.

thewvnetwork

I attempted to post this before, but apparently it didn't "take", so here it is again:  

Words can't describe how truly disappointed I am...not only did Bachmann not develop one of the HO steam engines I was hoping for, they didn't develop ANY new steam engines.  AT ALL.  I guess they are all out to lunch in the steam development department.  The only HO steam in the brochure was just previously released pieces with new road names/numbers.  Wow.  And while I'll probably end up buying one of the WM F7A's, I just wanted to add that just about every other model railroad company has also developed a version of the F7 this year, where there were NONE available this time last year.  Talk about saturating the market...

I also found it was a shame that Yardmaster and other moderators didn't bother to share with those of us with hopes for new HO steam that there wouldn't be ANY.  I can understand keeping new items under wraps as a "surprise", but what's the point of not telling faithful customers that they have been totally overlooked for the entire upcoming production year?  It wouldn't have taken much for one of you to simply drop a line like "For those of you steam fans, unfortunately, we were unable to develop any new locomotives for 2012, but hopefully we can do better next year."  Now what would that have taken so we didn't keep on the brink of our seats waiting for the announcement when there wasn't one?   :'(

Does anyone know where I can find information for other companies new products?  Of particular interest are Woodland Scenics and Walthers!  Thanks!   :)

WTierce1

Quote from: thewvnetwork on August 05, 2012, 06:55:39 PM
I attempted to post this before, but apparently it didn't "take", so here it is again: 

Words can't describe how truly disappointed I am...not only did Bachmann not develop one of the steam engines I was hoping for, they didn't develop ANY new steam engines.  AT ALL.  I guess they are all out to lunch in the steam development department.  The only HO steam in the brochure was just previously released pieces with new road names/numbers.  Wow.  And while I'll probably end up buying one of the WM F7A's, I just wanted to add that just about every other model railroad company has also developed a version of the F7 this year, where there were NONE available this time last year.  Talk about saturating the market...

I also found it was a shame that Yardmaster and other moderators didn't bother to share with those of us with hopes for new HO steam that there wouldn't be ANY.  I can understand keeping new items under wraps as a "surprise", but what's the point of not telling faithful customers that they have been totally overlooked for the entire upcoming production year?  It wouldn't have taken much for one of you to simply drop a line like "For those of you steam fans, unfortunately, we were unable to develop any new locomotives for 2012, but hopefully we can do better next year."  Now what would that have taken so we didn't keep on the brink of our seats waiting for the announcement when there wasn't one?   :'(

Does anyone know where I can find information for other companies new products?  Of particular interest are Woodland Scenics and Walthers!  Thanks!   :)

I agree, I was dissapointed very much in Bachmann pretty much coming out with nothing truly new in HO. I was so hopping for a Heisler but then they go and dissapoint so many people by coming out with nearly nothing new!
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

Nigel

Quote from: beampaul7 on August 03, 2012, 12:59:05 PM
High all

Is it just my imagination or are those dynamic break fans on the F-7's bigger than the other fan sizes ala F-9?

You mean dynamic brake fans?  Some "phases" of F-7's had 48" db fans like the F-9's.

"From June 1952, 48-inch dynamic brake fans began to be introduced; from October 1952, all dynamic-brake equipped locomotives had them."  from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_F7

The ABBA set that demo'd on the N&W in 1952 had 48" db fans.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955