News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2012 NMRA Show

Started by Pacific Northern, July 10, 2012, 11:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pacific Northern

Well, in just over two weeks we will know Bachmann's plans for next years production.

We were advised some time ago by the Bach Man that is when Bachmann is noted to outline the next years production items.

I hope to see more of the Bachmann steamers become part of the new low cost sound Soundtrax line. I wonder if the Bachmann's Berksire woud be a candidate.

Also,when will the H/w passenger cars be making a comeback?
Pacific Northern

WoundedBear

I think this quote from Yardmaster hints at what one announcement will be............

Quote from: Yardmaster on May 31, 2012, 09:08:51 AM
All new spectrum locomotives will feature this DCC decoder/sound module arrangement. It is a Tsunami decoder with a plug in sound module.

Sid

WTierce1

I am hoping for a 3 Truck Hiesler in Ho. They have one in Large and On30, so that gives more hope plus that is all they need to have the 3 main loggers. A 3 Truck Hiesler is all I need to have all three loggers with sound. I am very impressed with the loggers so far so I think they can pull another good one off.
A fan of the Tennessee Valley Railroad

MilwaukeeRoadfan261

I personally would like to see a Milwaukee Road 4-8-4 (the Milwaukee Road 261 since Walthers has produced the Cedar Rapids and Superdome 53 as they appear now), a DMIR K class 2-8-0, and one of the most well known movie engines from the west (the Rogers Locomotive Works built Sierra Railroad #3).

ryeguyisme

Some western steam engines like harrimans and loggers, and Utah freight monsters like DRGW and union pacific power. A medium sized articulated that's a 2-6-6-2 like a N&W Z1/DRGW L-76

Hagel

I would like to see a Heisler and a 2-4-4 forney in HO scale. Both are offered in On30 and large scale.

jward

i would like to see upgraded models of the old bachmann u36b and f9, plus and emd cow-calf switcher.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

blf

How about a good B&O I-5 caboose for all those EM-1's out there? Bill

J3a-614

Mostly good choices there, including an I-5 caboose--some of those lasted into the 1970s, so it would be appropriate even for people modeling the Chessie System.

As to 2-6-6-2s, just to keep the subject alive. . .

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,13419.0.html

All that would be needed in many cases would be a new smokebox front, side-mounted air compressors, and suitably modified running boards (the molding could incorporate those air compressors to avoid having to make new holes in the boiler casting). . .the standard USRA tender would be appropriate for most of them. . .and the second-hand tender on one of the two that wound up on SP is also made by Bachmann. . .

Reinhard S

Very nice items listed.  I am hoping for more sound value units in particular a NYC  4-8-4 Niagara since it has been discontinued from the standard line of locomotives.

All the best.

Reinhard

jonathan

I'm sure the good folks at Bachmann are aware that B&O Cabooses are being covered by other manufacturers, albeit very slowly.  Some good suggestions here, though.

I have become resolute to be patient--to wait and see.  So far, I've collected at least one of each Spectrum-type model.  I'm sure whatever they release, I'm going to get at least one.  Somehow, I've contracted some affliction that requires me to collect more locomotives than I could possibly use, despite my will power.  I've learned to live with it.   ;)

Regards,

Jonathan 

blf

Sorry guys, I meant a I-12. Been spending  so much time on a old Trains Inc junker(albeit a some what close representation of the early I-5 wagontops) that I'm a little caboose goofy. Finally settled on I-5BA C 2507 and stretched it to 19' WB and narrowed steps after adding roof grabs,side grabs and stack guy wires. Having decals made and waiting on the 36" herald he missed. Also redid a Trains Inc I 5 cupola type, which is a better represention of its class. Took Tichy trucks and drilled out the springs so a set of Branchline springs from a pass truck would slide in, and am pleased with the results.  Bill

Steam is King

I'm betting on steam:

1. Ma & Pa 2-8-0 #23-26
2. Re-release of the Ma & Pa 4-6-0
3. Ventura County No. 2, Baldwin 2-6-2
4. Some variant of a big locomotive 4-6-2 or 2-6-6-2

If not, a safe, economical rerun of an older engine upgraded with budget sound and DCC.

Manny

hotrainlover

Jonathan,
I think I have the same "Bug"!  I have 34 steamers..  Most Bachmann.  I live with the affliction, too!

thewvnetwork

I, too, would like the see a three truck Heisler in HO (or two truck for that matter...hopefully better and lower cost than Rivarossi's), but am still holding out for that model of Western Maryland Big Six Shay that I mentioned last year.  I would also like to see a Pacific Coast Shay and/or a 2 truck Shay as well. 

As far as rolling stock, Camp Cars would be a nice addition!   :)