News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

when??

Started by bob kaplan, July 11, 2012, 01:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob kaplan

Does anyone have any idea of if,and/or when we might expect a "new" not a reissue engine in large scale?  What most likely be the prototype?   Thanks for any educated guess....

Skarloey Railway

Yes, most likely, there will be something new, unless they plan to slowly pull out of large scall altogether, which seems unlikely.

'When', is anyone's guess, though I believe anouncements of 'new' products are not far off.

As for 'what', I can with some certainty say the prototype will be of an American made loco, of 2' to 3' gauge and most likely steam powered rather than diesel/gasoline. Beyond that broad remit, I am clueless.

Oh, and some people will know for sure, but they work for Bachmann and must stay schtum.

If I had to guess, I'd say the success of the K27 has proved that bigger engines of well known prototypes sell and we might get a 3' gauge inside frame 2-8-0, like a C18

Bucksco

Bachmann always announces new items at the annual NMRA convention which happens to be in a few weeks....

glennk28

Given the apparent factory relationships of Bachmann Fn3 and Blackstone HOn3, my money would be on the C-19, since a lot of engineering work has been done in HOn3--compare not only the K-27 but the freight cars under both labels. 

The C-19 could almost be considered a Baldwin "Catalog Loco" having appeared on serveral roads. 

gj

chuckger

Hi Mr Bachmann, & Yardmaster,

Ok its the 29th the NMRA convention is started, so what steam engine in 120.3 is everyone going to be very very happy with?? This is what I was told at the last ECLSTS when I asked about about anything new in large scale.

Thanks,
  Chuck 

mickeykelley

Bucksco

Manufacturer's hall opens on Friday.

chuckger

Mr Yardmaster,

Its Friday, how about spillin the beans, let me know what ive been saving for.

Thanks Chuck

Wade Colyer

mickeykelley

So what exactly is the difference in the 2-8-0 I bought a couple years ago and this new one?

Kevin Strong

Outside Frame 2-8-0:

Bachmann 2-8-0, modified for a fictitional Denver & Rio Grande 2-8-0. The prototype for the Bachmann loco is a 30" gauge outside frame 2-8-0 built for Mexico, now preserved in Montana (?)

New C-19:

(ex East Broad Top #7, which became Ohio River & Western #14, then Pennsylvania RR #9669)

The prototype for the Bachmann C-19 is a class of locomotives built for the D&RGW and other railroads like the EBT.

Glad to see it, though--grumble snort--

couldn't they have announced this last August??? Save me a ton of work!

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

Yeah Kevin, but you will be way prouder of yours!!!! 8)
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

mickeykelley

Ok so in English please.......

Chuck N

The original 2-8-0 has the drive wheels on the inside of the frame and counter weights on the outside of the frame with the drive rods.  The new C-19 has the wheels, and drive rods on the outside of the frame.

The original one did not run on the D&RGW. 

Chuck

bob kaplan

wow....that will be great.
  Some educated guesses please.  Do you think the C-19 will make it around LGB 16000 radius?  Center drivers seem to be blind.  Might they run the potential of slipping off-and-between the rails like my Spectrum 2-6-0 does at times?  Is the C-19 approx the same size at Connie...pulling power??
     Do you think that the plug and play has been perfected well enough to do just that??i enjoy sound but have been disappointed when it comes to installation....the 2-8-2 required some serious adjustments as far as i was concerned...in fact....i sent it out for installation and it has a reed switch for the timing of the chuff. 2-6-6-2 was seriously ruined by one installer and i had to pay for replacement....very disappointed there.  Gave up with the Forney...did not try sound.
  Thanks for the input....it is appreciated...and i am looking forward to the C-19 Consolidation.  Connie has been a great little engine...i guess except for the breaking plastic gear...a nice little runner.