News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Wood burning 4-4-0!

Started by ksivils, August 01, 2007, 07:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksivils

Some one was kind enough to post a line drawing of roughly scale size over on the On30 Conspiracy site of the newly announced On30 4-4-0.

I held up my cabbage stack that was supplied with my OF 2-8-0, which is now an oil burner, next to the computer monitor.  Needless to say, the 4-4-0's days as a coal burner will be over the day it arrives in my hot little hands. 

I will obtain the steel cab version and swap with someone for the early version tender trucks.  It will get a steam water siphon on its tender like the Argent Lumber Company locomotives.

A general assortment of jacks, tool boxes, steam and water hoses, etc. will be added as well!

I realize the initial run will be without sound, but I do hope the tender comes drilled for sound.  This will make a great backwoods locomotive - just the thing the foreman ordered to get his loggers into, and out of, the woods quickly each day!

rkex

Kevin-

Saw your post about the cabbage stack over on that 'other" group. It's my hope that the 4-4-0 will come with the stacks and fuel load choices which were included with the 2-8-0. I'm an oil burner, modeling an SP subsidiary based in Northern California.

I'm also inclined to wait until the sound-equipped locos are released. The cost of a sound-ready loco ends up being about the same as doing it yourself, but without having to install the speaker and decoder. I've ended up selling off my non-sound Bachmann engines and have replaces them all with Soundtraxx models. I hope the sound-equipped 4-4-0's will follow the initial run shortly.
Ray