Spectrum On30 Scale Train 2-4-4 Forney DCC Tsunami Sound - NO SOUND

Started by PJCwasHere, July 15, 2012, 05:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PJCwasHere

I have just received my new Spectrum On30 Scale Train 2-4-4 Forney DCC with Tsunami Sound.

When I put it on the track and powered up the train it made a loud oscillating buzz sound and then fell silent. The train responds to movement FWD/REV, the headlight can switch on/off fine, but there is no sound.  I have checked to ensure Mute is off; also I have done a factory reset successfully yet no sound.

I suspect a fault... maybe the speaker blew up; I don't know. But I bought this brand new and direct from the USA (via retail shop on eBay) and it cost a lot to have it posted here in Australia... I really don't know what my options are in regards to warranties etc... and the postage is a killer.... prefer if this was a known issue and what a solution to fix is first.

Any recommendations/solutions/hints to fix? 

railtwister

PJCwasHere,

Probably you should contact Soundtraxx and see if they have any ideas on what the problem might be. I think they would be more likely to know the problem than the folks at Bachmann might be. Since you said you checked the mute function, am I correct in assuming you are using the loco on DCC rather than DC? The fact that operation in forward and reverse (and the headlight) still works, seems to indicate that the sound portion of the circuitry in the decoder may be the problem. Maybe the sound decoder can be replaced (and shipped) easier than the entire loco.

Bill in FtL