minimum radius for consolidation,shay, and heisler

Started by pjhjr, July 23, 2012, 12:27:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjhjr

need the recommended min. radius for the Connie, 2 truck Shay, and Heisler?

Tom Lapointe

Both the 2-Truck Shay & Heisler will handle 24" radius (LGB R1), 4' diameter curves if you're using truck-mounted couplers; the Connie 2-8-0 really needs 48" radius (LGB R3), 8' diameter curves.  With the 48" radius curves, you can go to more prototypical body-mounted couplers on both the Shay & Heisler as well; & virtually all 1:20.3 scale Bachmann or Accucraft cars & locos will handle 48" radius curves as well.  :)

Tom

tac

Yo, Tom - good to see you again!  ;D

You'll be happy to know that I use your 'How-to' live-steam vids on YT as THE pointers on how to get going in that direction. 

In case I haven't said thank you before, here it is is.

Best wishes from sunny East Anglia

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS
[www.ovgrs.org]

Tom Lapointe

Hi tac!  ;)

Nice to hear from you again.  :).   I've had such a positive response to the live-steam videos that i'm planning to re-shoot them sometime this year with a full broadcast-grade HD camcorder i bought @ 2 months ago & offer them on DVD & possibly Blu-ray as well.  Check out one of my newer videos on YouTube (Busy Days on the Watuppa Railway) if you want to get an idea of what the video quality is going to be like.   ;D

Tom

tac

Thanks, Tom, looks like it's getting better and better.  I look forward to seeing the final product.

Best wishes

tac
Ottawa Valley GRS [www.ovgrs.org]