News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Large scale 2-6-0

Started by borduas, July 31, 2012, 01:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borduas

Can someone please tell me if the drive axel with gear for the large scale 4-4-0 or axel with gear  for the large scale consolidation can be used to replace a broken center drive axel on the 2-6-0. If so would you know the part number and if not could you please tell me the part and part number needed for the 2-6-0  Have been trying to find this info on the schematic diagrams etc provided by Bachmann with no luck and havent been able to get a hold of techs at Bachmann for advice   Tks in advance for any info

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi Borduas, No the consolidation gears are not compatible with the 2-6-0 or 4-4-0, but the 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 use the same gear.

Bachamnn does sell the gear separately or a complete assembled gear box click on the Parts and service link above.
Another way is noted in the frequently asked questions at the following link.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,19904.0.html
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Kevin Strong

Count the teeth on your 2-6-0 gear. They came in two flavors--24 and 25 tooth. The gear that's on both of my 2-6-0s is the same 25-tooth gear that came off of my 2-8-0 when I replaced it. If it's the 25-tooth gear, and you want a good metal replacement, I'd contemplate ordering the 2-8-0 replacement gear/axle assembly, and then swap the gear onto the 2-6-0 axle. (You'll probably want to use a torch to heat the gear, I'm not sure how it's attached.) You could also order the replacement  Delrin 25-tooth gear from NorthWest Short Line, part #2226-6 for $12.95

If it's the 24-tooth gear, you can order a replacement Delrin gear from NWSL, part #2223-6, for $12.95, or take the bet that the same gearbox can accommodate either the 24- or 25-tooth gear and order the metal replacement from Bachmann.

Later,

K