Is it possible to reset a decoder using the EZ Command system?

Started by Tom G., August 02, 2012, 11:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom G.

I've recently bought a used Bachmann DCC Equipped loco, that I think has been programmed on another DCC system to disable the analog mode, and given a 4 digit address. I'd like to try to reset the Bachmann Decoder to it's default settings. Is this possible with EZ Command?

richg

Quote from: Tom G. on August 02, 2012, 11:44:32 AM
I've recently bought a used Bachmann DCC Equipped loco, that I think has been programmed on another DCC system to disable the analog mode, and given a 4 digit address. I'd like to try to reset the Bachmann Decoder to it's default settings. Is this possible with EZ Command?

NO.

The manual does not tell you that you cannot do a reset.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,18528.0.html

Rich

Tom G.

Thanks for clarifying that Rich. I'll be going to the hobby shop I guess.

richg

Nice to know you have a place nearby. Many who buy the EZ Command do not.
Try to get a better starter system if you can afford it.
Unfortunately, the Dynamis has it's own issue in some instances, infra red.

Rich

Jerrys HO

rich

I have reset a loco with a 4 digit address with my EZ Command that I bought 2nd hand.
All I did was take everything off the track and reset the address like I would if I was programming a new address. Did I get lucky? I don't know.
I was about to start tearing it apart to see why it would not work when I e-mailed the original owner and found out it was programmed to a four digit address.
I have to check my manual but I believe it states that you can do a default setting for the address.

Jerry

Tried to scan and copy so I could paste it (not great with that) so all I can add at this time is to refer to the manual on page 3. reprogramming decoders with previously assigned digital address.

Jerrys HO

Thanks Hunt
That is what I was trying to download. Hope it helps Tom because it sounds like the same problem I was having with mine. I do not believe the analog mode was disabled.
The reason I say that is since I changed the address everything went back to normal.

Jerry