News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

HEISLER can anyone update the situation?

Started by Stevelewis, August 04, 2012, 09:25:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevelewis

Has  any one   any info  on the   long  awaited  Heisler  loco?

My supplier here in the UK,  advised me  that  there  is  no  information being  offered  by  Bachmann Europe.
STEVE LEWIS   North  WALES   UK

Close  to  the  Great  Little  Trains  Of Wales!!

railtwister

Hi Steve,

This Bachmann announcement was made Friday at the NMRA National Train Show in Grand Rapids. Scroll to the bottom for newest Heisler Update:

<http://www.bachmanntrains.com/NMRA_2012.pdf>

As usual with new items coming from overseas, don't hold your breath on the date!

Bill in FtL

TimR

The NMRA flyer says "shipping in October 2012". Anybody heard anything new such as will the Chinese work slowdown affect this date? Not holding my breath, but may be hyperventilating just a tad.

Lemurien

(....) "manufacturer has pushed back the delivery to sometime in 2013" (Micro Mark).

ChrisS

TimR

Very depressing news.  :-\

Chris, I believe they were first due Nov 2011. Then they got bumped to early 2012. Then they got bumped to Oct 2012. Now MicroMark apparently has been told sometime in 2013. These Heislers do not appear to be a priority for Bachmann, or at least that is my take on the persistent delays.

Royce Wilson

I knew they should have made that Baldwin 4-4-0 or better yet a nice Mason bogie

Royce

Lemurien

Mrs. Bachmann, perhaps you can make a contribution to this discussion.

Thanks.

fm_tx

Royce,  I agree with you!  I could have been having fun playing with a 4-4-0 or Mason bogie for a year now...instead of waiting for at least another year to see if the Heisler suffers the same gear-cracking problem before I buy one....

Paul

InsideTrack

The Heislers are indeed now scheduled for early 2013. It is not because the Heisler is a low priority, but rather that we don't want to release any products until we make sure they meet our quality requirements.
The Heisler promises to be worth the wait!

Tomcat

That is hard to take. We all have been waiting for the Heislers for so long... :(

Bachman folks, this is not to tell you that you guys did let us down, but
no one cries "hooray" for these news, for sure.

They look very promising, these Heislers, but what has happened here - again...? ???

Is there anything about other coming models you can give us to cheer us up a little...?
Maybe something Sandy River & Rangeley Lakes - perhaps a SR&RL No.18 or a SR&RL No.24... ;) ;) ;)

Cheers, Tom

Royce Wilson

I agree with Tom cat..please give us some information on future projects rather than more news of delays. :'(

Royce

Clover

Hello

Bachmann always announces new products only at the NMRA Convention in July/August.
So I think its unnecessary to ask for new items.

Dreaming until next year.

Clover

TimR

Hi Clover - Just to clarify, this Heisler has been announced twice by Bachmann (yes, at the convention or in the timeframes you mention). The issue here is the lack of delivery of said announcements, not asking for new items. That said, we all understand delays and such but it just seems to some of us that this release is getting a bit dragged out.

My personal interest in obtaining the Heisler is that (I hope), it will be able to navigate a tighter radius than some of the other On30 offerings. The Porters and Davenports do well on anything I throw at them and the Shay will negotiate anything I need it to do on my layout as does the 4-4-0. The Climax and the Forney were disappointments (at least for me) as the plastic pressed fitting on the Climax trucks gets too much strain on tight radii and will slip or split in some cases. The Forney sticks it's back end out too far to keep much of anything behind it on the rails but other than that is a pretty good runner. The 2-8-0 Consolidations and 2-6-0 Moguls will handle exactly what I would expect for locos in their class. The Rail Trucks and Rail Buses will work marginally well on flat, level track but when it comes to any kind of a grade, fuhgeddaboudit. I'm lucky to get the rail bus to pull the trailer that comes with it. (I envision some sort of bash on those to get them to work better at some point in my future) Anyway, that's my rant on this Sunday morning and I'm sticking to it.  :D