Photo of Large Scale Thomas Christmas Delivery Set

Started by GTPS2, August 10, 2012, 12:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thomasj219

Yes it's very nice, it was found a few months ago. BACHMANN sure did get the picture for that one ready quickly, but that's because it was all repaints. No new tooling, a snow plough had already been made for Thomas in large scale, so the only thing they had to make new was a bigger hat for Thomas. Hopefully we will see Duck soon, I have a feeling BACHMANN are really taking their time on him and that it will be more than worth the wait in the end.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

GTPS2

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 10, 2012, 03:08:14 PM
Yes it's very nice, it was found a few months ago.

If that was found months ago, then why didn't anyone bother posting it on this forum at that time?

Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine

Probably comes down to, as Thomasj219 has said, "It's all repaints. No new tooling."

I'll admit, though it looks nice, it's kinda the same as the HO Christmas set. All repaints of existing stock.
"Bluebells Forever!" - Stepney the 'Bluebell' Engine
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blog: http://theworldofthomasmodelling.blogspot.com/
The Forum: http://worldofsodor.proboards.com

thomasj219

Exactly, and it was posted on the forum at that time as well. Did you guys hear the news of older episodes being shown in CGI flashbacks in BMM. Scenes from Down the Mine, Come out Henry, and A scarf for Percy are shown. This is AMAZING news.

GTPS2

Quote from: thomasj219 on August 10, 2012, 05:39:02 PM
Exactly, and it was posted on the forum at that time as well. Did you guys hear the news of older episodes being shown in CGI flashbacks in BMM. Scenes from Down the Mine, Come out Henry, and A scarf for Percy are shown. This is AMAZING news.

I wasn't here when that happened, who posted a thread showing that photo? And can you show me a list of CGI episodes that had flashbacks of older episodes?

thomasj219

I don't really remember who posted it, try looking through the Everything Thomas topic or similar. And there haven't been any, Blue Mountain Mystery is the first time this has occurred, but hopefully not the last.  :)

Cheeky_ULP

It was leaked on Youtube for a few days before other Thomas fans complained and reported it to HiT.

thomasj219

Anthony P2

some fans were complaining about how they recorded part(s) of the movie in the theater. then they told on the users who put up the clips. I just have to say two things about the matter:
1.) the users shouldn't have recorded in a theater, because yes it is illegal
2.) if the users did record and put clips on youtube, it is the viewers choice to see them if they wish. no one is forcing you to watch anything that will spoil the movie.
it really ticks me off that the real serious fans have to act like children. I remember when the fanbase was nice and people didn't get up in arms about something as silly as a simple clip from the movie. I fell like stuff like this is the norm now a days through out the fanbase. it's sad really.

shining time

long live the GWR, LNER, and the narrow gauge railways

thomasj219

Quote from: Anthony P2 on August 11, 2012, 01:27:35 PM
some fans were complaining about how they recorded part(s) of the movie in the theater. then they told on the users who put up the clips. I just have to say two things about the matter:
1.) the users shouldn't have recorded in a theater, because yes it is illegal
2.) if the users did record and put clips on youtube, it is the viewers choice to see them if they wish. no one is forcing you to watch anything that will spoil the movie.
it really ticks me off that the real serious fans have to act like children. I remember when the fanbase was nice and people didn't get up in arms about something as silly as a simple clip from the movie. I fell like stuff like this is the norm now a days through out the fanbase. it's sad really.

Yes I agree I mean if you don't want to see don't watch. No need to spoil everyones fun HiT would have taken them down eventually. The fan base I have noticed is greatly decreasing in maturity, hopefully that changes. Especially because the series is finally re gaining maturity, we finally have something to be happy about. So I say to all Thomas fans, let's not ruin it with arguments and rubbish that doesn't matter.