Started by M1FredQ, August 14, 2012, 10:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M1FredQ

Still hasn't arrived yet perhaps in Saturday's mail

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phillyreading

Quote from: M1FredQ on October 30, 2012, 10:10:23 PM
Thanks every one I finally found some one selling a tender  with

Pennsylvania lettered on the side for a nice price !!!!!!!!!

Finally!!!!!!!!

Let's hope that it is not the tender shell only! For such a low price sounds like just the shell for the tender, no frame with truck assemblies. I could be wrong and somebody made you an excellent deal.

Lee F.

M1FredQ

The tender came in today's mail.

It's a disappointment. There is is very little weight to it and "rattles"

I am going to attempt to remove the shell and see if it will fit the Lionel lines

frame. If not it goes back to seller. I'll let you know how this goes!!!!!!!!!!!

TrainmanGene

For $13.00 delivered you got a bargain it will cost that much to return it to the seller. I need to go into my old Williams catalogs and see if the Berkshire was sold in Boston & Albany which is the correct road name for that Berkshire. The actual NEW York Central never used Berkshires only there P&LE and the B&A. I believe it was cataloged by Williams but maybe never made because of poor pre orders. I been searching the bay with no results and now will dig out my old Williams Catalogs and maybe will find out if they were made. Maybe someone in the forum knows. Williams made so many variations that it is almost impossible to create a list of there Pre Bachmann production.
Sueme Valley System

phillyreading

Try Alex Cooper auctions this weekend, as Marty from MA &PA Junction has several items for sale there.  I guess Marty is going out of business.
For more info, go to OGR under what happened to all the pre-Bachmann by Williaams?

Lee F.

TrainmanGene

Yes Marty did go out of business due to health issues. I did check my catalogs and they did make the B&A Berk apparently one year only from what I seen, so Ill check this weeks Cooper auctions if no luck I'll keep a watch in the Bay for one. Eventually one will turn up.
Sueme Valley System

Cobrabob8

I really wish that Williams by Bachmann would seriously consider selling their die-cast tenders as a seperate sale item next year. The tender offered with the WbB Small Hudsons and Berkshires is a nice substantial piece. I am sure that I am not the only one who would purchase a seperate sale tender to replace/retire their 2046W Lionel tender. I think that the Williams tender is an awesome piece. I bought a Williams Small Hudson a couple of years ago and the tender that came it with is just super! ;D What do you think Mr. Bach-Man? You could offer the tender as a seperate sale item and aim it at Lionel Post-War steamers as a replacement or update. Maybe offer it in three or four roadnames per year? PRR, NYC, ATSF, B&O, etc. You guys probably know what would sell. ;)
Cobrabob
Here is a WbB Pennsy Hudson I own on my layout. NICE TENDER!!!

Below is a closer up view of the Williams tender.

The Lionel steam loco in the back row has the 2046 tender which I feel now looks rather small compared to a Williams tender. ;D
"Train Kept A Rollin' All Night Long.."

M1FredQ

Dear Cobra

You are torturing me!!!!!!!  Those tenders are great!!!

You have a great looking lay-out!!!!!!!!!

Since my son and I won't rear things down until Christmas break you gave me a couple

on the double line elevated with the "under-bridges" looks great

M1FredQ

Would mind posting a couple more pictures of the lay-out

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Cobrabob8

Thanks Fed! Here you go! ;D
Cobrabob.

[img width=500 height=375]http://

Cobrabob8

Fred, here are a couple more photos. 8)
Cobrabob.
My Williams Santa Fe F3s.

Chesapeake & Ohio BL-2 from Williams by Bachmann.

Two Williams covered hoppers on the upper level and a set of Pennsy Williams Alco FAs on the lower level.

phillyreading

Bob,

Are those F-3's with the Santa Fe 'El Capitan' passenger set?

I have a set of F-7's with the 'El Capitan' six car set, and your passenger cars look similar.

Lee F.

Cobrabob8

Lee,
Yes the locomotives are F3 A-B-A's by Williams. I have a seven car set of Santa Fe passenger cars which are from the MTH Railking line.
Bob.

M1FredQ

Woh-ski!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those are great pictures. Thanks for the views!!!!!

M1FredQ

Finally was able to secure a Pennsylvania tender that looks like the Lionel one that is

supposed to be in very good + shape. Paid $20 total with the shipping. Let's see how this one works out!?!?!?!?!?!

I agree I would like to see WBB crank out some tenders.

OR

just produce extra of Engine-Tender series currently in production to keep costs down.

Those tenders that come with the Hudson's are nice so are the slope backs.

Another line I have grown to appreciate is the Pere Marquette. Up near New Buffalo

Michigan just across the Indiana border is a Converted Train Depot with a P.M. museam.

The original 3-bay round house is still there!!!!!!!!!! But it's converted into a health club!!!!! Where the big doors used to be are glass block windows. Everything else
is as it was except the brick has been re-tucked.

Where the turn table used to be is a round pool with geese and ducks swimming in it

the central mechanism has been removed and is just a small island for the birds to hang out. There are some old RR cars and huge coal station that loaded hoppers is
still there!!!!!!!!!