News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Short?

Started by Bill Baker, August 03, 2007, 12:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Baker

A friend of mine just called and asked the following question.  Will Elmers white glue cause a short while it is still wet?   He says he was putting down some ballast and used Elmers full strength. (no water as I understand)  This particular branch worked fine before and after the ballast was placed between the rails he turned his transformer on and a short occured.  He runs DC.

I suggested he just wait until it dries and try it again, but I told him I would ask this board.

Thanks, Bill
Bill

Bill Baker

Well, I guess I found out the answer.  No, it doesn't.  Last night I went over to his house to help investigate the trouble.  The glue had dried by that time and its wetness was no longer an issue.  Being an amatuer crime scene investigator I asked him what all he did between installing the ballast until the present time.  He mentioned that he had wired up that section of track to the B cab on his transformer.  Loooking closely at that I found a very small strand of copper wire touching the opposite terminal....ergo short!

Case solved!  My job here is finished.
Bill