News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

What would you want to ..

Started by mots, August 23, 2012, 03:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mots

Here's a couple locomotives I would like to see in  N-SCALE..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krauss-Maffei_ML_4000_C%27C%27

Both the SP version with walkway
and the DRG &W full cowled body

mots

Desertdweller

The full cowled body was used by both D&RGW and SP.  The second road-switcher style body was used by SP.

I vote for the full cowled version.  Make mine Rio Grande, but both would sell.

Les

Albert in N

No one has done an FM switcher in a long time.   Either the H-10-44 or the H-12-44 would be great!  My old MiniTrix H-12-44 from early days of "N" finally wore out.  I own Bachmann's H-16-44 road switcher in Santa Fe zebra stripes, but have room for a switcher.  Back in the 1970s, I took a photo of an idling H-12-44 in Santa Fe blue and yellow.   I have wanted one in N scale ever since.

Desertdweller

Yes.  I have worn out 3 Minitrix FM switchers.  All UP.  Two I converted to the early H-10-44 bodies with cab overhangs and hood-mounted handrails.

Les

mots

As for modern passenger power I would want the BOMBARDIER's ALP45DP.

mots

sharriso

Interesting idea.  The KM engines would be unique.  Not many people know about them.  I used to have a subscription to Continental Modeller (the Peco fellows in England) and their November 2002 issue had several pages on them (most of the same information as the wikipedia article).  Did have line drawing.
Shawn and Sally Harrison
- Modeling 1850s B&O

Albert in N

Bought one at a local train show yesterday for $29!  It is a Minitrix diesel FM switcher in factory Santa Fe black with silver- tint white zebra stripe colors.  The original 1970s Minitrix yellow and green box shows stock number 51 2002 00.  The switcher road number is 546 (not sure this matches an actual prototype number).  It does not appear to have been used.  Yes, it runs well.  I will soon lube the metal gears lightly with LaBelle lubricant and install Micro-Trains couplers.  The striping matched one I had 40 years ago with blue and yellow Santa Fe colors (though the blue was too light to be prototypical).  I enjoy running vintage N scale diesels when I want to feel young again.  It is DC only since DCC had not been invented.  I hope that Bachmann makes a modern version of an FM H12-44 diesel switcher. 

skipgear

For those of you wanting an FM switcher, it can be done now with a little painting. Two of the three versions of the H10-44 and H12-44 have the same wheelbase as an Atlas VO-1000, and the same trucks in some cases. There is a Shapeways body kit out there (including trucks for those that need them) to slide over the Atlas VO and turn it into an FM.

http://www.trainboard.com/grapevine/showthread.php?144768-Printing-a-Fairbanks
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

Desertdweller

Well, there is the solution for putting those Minitrix back to work!

Les

skipgear

The Trix happens to be the short wheelbase version. The Atlas / Shapeways body kit takes care of the two long wheelbase versions.
Tony Hines

Modeling the B&O in Loveland, OH 1947-1950

mots

How about a  ALCO RSD12  or a ALCO ALLIGATOR , aka an RSD15?

mots

Franz T

I second the need for an RSD15. Model Power sold one made by Mehano 30 years ago that was an absolute piece of junk. I don't think anyone has ever made a RSD15 besides that one..

TJ

How about a EMD SDP45 with and without the steam generator..

T.J

DJ62

Seeings how this a wish list. I would like to see Spectrum versions of the following T-1 4-8-4, J3 Hudson and K4 pacific.