News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-4-4-2 Arrived here today

Started by Stevelewis, August 24, 2012, 07:33:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visman48

All,
I have my new 2442 up and running, its really nice. the 30 sec install of the sound module is really nice too. What confounds me is where is the documenation that is specific for this loco...that matches up with the sound module.  I use decoder Pro to manage and work with all my locos, but this one only comes up with a DCD or DCX identifier, and one can't even change the whistles.

I also have a problem with blinking lights, loco runs along and the lights start blinking, it doesnt stop though, just blinking, and then proceeds. A friend who recently purchased one has the same problem.

So I would like the link to the documentation for the CV load for this loco specifically, not the standard boiler plate CVs.

Thanks,
Les

richg

Have you taken time to look at the Bachmann Parts, Service and Information page?

I have found the sound documentation there in the past for my Bachmann on board locos.

Rich

visman48

Rich,
Thanks for the quick reply, yes I have taken a look at those documents, however I am not confident that they apply to this specific decoder + sound module...although they might.  I have the generic listing of all the CVs so I guess I can start the research there.  I am trying to resolve several issues, one is the erratic blinking lights, that occur at different times, different places on the RR, warm or cool loco, it doesn't appear to be a over heating issue, nor a conductivity issue.  I also want to look at the different whistles too and functions.

Thanks again,
Les

railtwister

Hi Les,

You might want to give Soundtraxx a call inquiring about the board and CV settings for the Bachmann 2-4-4-2, I believe the sound board (maybe even the whole darned decoder) is their design. If not, I'm sure they'll tell you. It's a new product, so it may take a while for Bachmann to get their documentation up to speed (that's kind of how it was with the "Sound Value" released last year).

Bill in FtL

visman48

Bill,
Thanks I will call Soundtraxx.  I was able to do some more with it today, Used decoder pro and called the sound module and decoder a DCD, I read all (supposedly) the CVs and was able to do some looking around and changing values. I also was able to read CVs that Decoder Pro didnt expose...like a different whistle. However the blinking light happens when another loco has a problem on the RR,  or just sitting there, I haven't caught the number of blinks yet, knowing that Soundtraxx will ask about that.  Still diagnosing and looking around...a great loco though.

Les