4 Car Freight Set with F-9 Diesel Original Box from 1969

Started by gtavera, August 25, 2012, 10:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gtavera

I had the original box of BACHMANN N SCALE ELECTRIC TRAIN SET, 4 Car Freight Set with F-9 Diesel Original Box from 1969.    It was a gift a long time ago.  I Would like to know if this has any value in this market and if some one is interested on this.

Gabriel from Bogotá, Colombia.

rogertra

Plastic toy trains sets have probably no value at al.

Try looking on E-Bay and see what they are selling for.  Not asking for but selling for.

People not in the hobby tend to think just because it's older it must be worth something, sadly, this is not generally true.

Doneldon

gt-

No one here, including me, can tell you what an old train set is worth in Columbia. However, the set would have very, very little value in the States. What it's worth where you are will be determined by the same things that determine value here: supply and demand.

If many people in Columbia are interested in model trains but few are available, your set may be worth a little something. I wouldn't expect much, though, even if the overall supply and demand equation is in your favor. On the other hand, the set will be essentially worthless if model trains aren't popular or if current models are readily available.
                                                       -- D

wjstix

It probably wouldn't have great value to an N-scale modeller of today, but could have some value to a collector. N was fairly new in the 1960's, so I would think a complete train set (including original box and paperwork) would have some value. As suggested, check ebay or enter the info on google (if you have the set ID number, "Bachmann 12345 train set" and see what comes up.