News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

On30 car release dates

Started by jim margerum, August 03, 2007, 05:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim margerum

Hello BACHMAN and ALL; I see in TONY COOK'S pictures in the General Post section, one of his pictures happened to capture a high side gondola in C&S road name. No body has had then as of yet, however these new pulpwood cars have come right on thru. What gives? The new roadname high side gons were announced way before the pulpwood cars. Thanks in advance, Jim

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
They should be available now...
Best,
the Bach-man

jim margerum

Hello again: I have since called every dealer in my magazine subscriptions or checked there web sites and none of them have this car or other new cars listed with it. And they have no idea as to when they will get them. Some list them as late as December; probably just a guess on their part. The fact that it was on the display table at the NMRA show gives hope that it will be out soon. Can you follow up on this for those of us that are waiting for these releases. Thanks again, Jim

Ken

Jim

Interesting that you cannot find the hi-side gon, I picked one up
about 3-4 month's ago at my local hobbyshop. Make's  a nice contrast
with my Q&TL ore cars (conversion). Need a couple more though.

Ken Clark
    GWN

Ken

Jim

Caboose Hobbies list them in stock at $19:95 each.

LHS out of stock.

Ken Clark
     GWN

renniks

Caboose Hobbies list the C&S highside gondola as Pre-order--$23.97.

Eric UK

the Bach-man

Dear All,
My latest Availability list still says NOW.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jim margerum

Yes, I know that several dealers have them as pre-order , meaning that they don't have them as of yet and as I said, one dealer lists them for December. Yes, high side gondolas are available in some roadnames, but the topic of my original post was Colorado & Southern, so no, I don't think that you just bought one, Sir! I know that we (3 ft. Colorado narrow gauge) modelers are fighting a losing battle, looking for locos and rolling stock lettered for any Colorado line. So, when anything is listed to be released, I can't wait for it to be available. The East Coast pulpwood cars came out of nowhere, announced by our friends across the pond, first. Other car were listed before them, and have not made it out yet. Just the luck of the draw, I guess. Jim  

jim margerum

Dear BACH-MAN; Now would be good for me! Nobody has them in stock and I have beat the bushes, looking for them. I have some on order with a dealer that always has the latest issues and at great prices to boot. They told me that they don't know when anything is coming until it arrives. I can see the Christmas car not being out yet, although I have purchased them in G scale in June, before! Jim

Ken

Jim
Would like to apologize for misleading you, I miss read your orginal post and totally missed the fact you were looking for "C&S" Hi Side gons, not Hi-Side gons in general.

As punishment, I think I will spend the rest of the day finishing upgrading my Q&TI ore cars, so they come close to the Bachmann cars in detail.

Ken Clark
    GWN

the Bach-man

Dear Jim,
I messed up, too...
My availability sheet says SEPTEMBER- I guess I need my glasses checked!
Sorry!
the Bach-man

jim margerum

Dear BACH-MAN; Thanks for the news; I just couldn't figure out why these cars were not in somebodys inventory. September is good to know and I would still like to see a C&S reefer, please. Thanks again, Jim

jim margerum

Dear Bach-Man; Now that we are into October, and still no C&S high sides are out in the dealers yet; can you get an update on the status of this car? Thanks again, Jim

The Old Fardt

Jim

You are going to get use to the fact that when you see the item, that's when you can buy it.  Information is not the best as to when things will be produced or on dealers shelves. Many of us have been asking about the Heisler for YEARS but most of us have resigned to the fact that wishing is just that..
Cheers, TOF

jayl1

They are out.  I'm looking at mine - road #4436 - built 6/10 - 22' 6" inside length - box car red in color with a fake coal load :D