News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Streets and vehicles

Started by jpstrainyard, August 28, 2012, 09:58:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA USA writes,

Would anyone know if the EZ Streets tracks and vehicles are compatible with the original K-line by Lionel Super Streets tracks and vehicles?
JP
Sincerely: JP

phillyreading

The new EZ Streets vehicles by WBB should be compatible with all track types.

As for the EZ Streets track and the old K-Line Super Streets, you may have to do trial and error.
I have the old K-Line Super Streets and currently don't plan on buying any new tracks for it. In the future I may want to buy the new EZ Streets by WBB. Hopefully they are compatible.

FYI, the K-Line Plymouth switcher set will run on 16 inch curves in the Super Streets.
Also you can run some trolleys and single handcars. The Coca-Cola Polar Bear set of two handcars (a handcar with a trailer) don't make it through the 16 inch curves.

Lee F.

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA USA writes:

Hi Lee,

It could be that the drawbar between the powered handcar and the trailer is too short to navigate the 16 inch curves, but should be able to navigate the 21 inch curves. The powered Coca Cola handcar alone should be able to navigate the 16 inch curves no problem. Also the trolleys from Industrial Rail by Atlas require the 21 inch curves. The Lionel birney trolleys can navigate either radius curve.
JP
Sincerely: JP

phillyreading

Hi JP,

The handcar by itself does make the curve, so it must be the drawbar between the trailer and handcar. Also the MTH SEPTA trolley that I have makes it through the 16 inch curves, has no sound unit in it, think it has F-N-R.

Lee F.

Steve K

You can modify the Lionel track vehicles to run on Super Streets 16" curves by removing the front and rear leading trucks.  They sure look great with the headlight and tail light features of the Lionel autos.

phillyreading

Is adding electric power to E Z Streets the same as K-Line's Super Streets?
With Super Streets you added power to the ten inch straight track as it has both power tabs to hook up to, also I had to cut a quarter inch section of the side off to get the wires to hook-up. With Super Streets the curve track had only one power tab to use. The little man-hole covers come out with a paper clip unfolded and then inserted and lifted gently, to re-install put over hole and tap lightly.

So far I have found no information on the Williams site as to how to wire E Z Streets or if the new E Z Streets and K-Line Super Streets will work together. What about fastening E Z Streets to the layout? Is it the same as Super Streets?
Does E Z Streets have access holes to mount it to the layout?

Lee F.