News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Alco S2 availability

Started by Southwest Chief, September 02, 2012, 05:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southwest Chief

Are the Alco S2s (HO scale) currently available or are they due out at a later date?

Specifically product number 63405 (US Army)

My Bachmann Santa Fe Alco S4 (photo below) is a winner all the way around.  I'm really looking forward to adding the new Army S2 to my HO scale military base.

Matt
Click Here for photos of my train layouts

richg

Sigh. Did you bother to check the availability page?
They are available for $120.00 with DCC sound.
Micro Mark.
List Price: $195.00
Super Buy Price: $119.95
Item #:

Rich

Bucksco

The S2 locos will be available in October.

WoundedBear

Quote from: richg on September 02, 2012, 08:02:55 PM
Sigh. Did you bother to check the availability page?
They are available for $120.00 with DCC sound.
Micro Mark.
List Price: $195.00
Super Buy Price: $119.95
Item #:

Rich

Rich...........

Did you bother to read all of Micro-Mark's site?....sigh.

You're not doing your research before posting again. Micro-Mark's site says the S2's are backordered from the supplier and orders will ship "whenever" the stock arrives, so please be sure of your facts before sending someone off on a wild goose chase.

Sid

Doneldon

Sid-

I'm with you. And ... to paraphrase the old saw about saying nothing unless you can say something positive ... please don't reply to listers' questions unless you can do so helpfully and without sarcasm, exasperation or judgementalism. Those of you who have trouble with this hopefully know who you are. Thank you.
                            -- D

electrical whiz kid

Well said, Doneldon;
This is, I consider, a gentleman's hobby as well as the site supplied graciously by Bachmann.  I would pretty disappointed to see it go the way of some other sites.  Let's observe the standards, gentlemen.
Rich C

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

I think the better solution would have been to send our inquiring friend to the new products announcement thread in general discussion.   That being said,  I have a question as to the term "shipping".   Does that mean from China to US,  Bachmann to distributors,  or to the store fronts?
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org